Found 2nd Sep 2009

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Maybe adsl2 on your exchange has been activated

My BB has just gone tits up

Thread worthy thread(what happened to your last one?)

Hi - seems you are pleased with the speed - are you pleased in general with talk talk? I ask because we got offered a deal with our phone line from them and do not know whether to take it up or not. Thank you

Mine used to be 2mb more or less spot on, However most I get now is 1.6mb

Been onto BT and had engineers out but they claimed they've done all they can for now.

I'm about 5 miles from the exchange which is the main problem.

shauneco;6191148

Mine used to be 2mb more or less spot on, However most I get now is … Mine used to be 2mb more or less spot on, However most I get now is 1.6mbBeen onto BT and had engineers out but they claimed they've done all they can for now.I'm about 5 miles from the exchange which is the main problem.

Have you tried the I-Plate

Joey Bloggsy;6191231

or you can achieve a similar effect by ensuring that the wiring inside your BT master socket is optimised. Ensure that the bell/ring wire - orange/white is not connected, as this can slow speeds dramatically if it is.

See here for how to do this kitz.co.uk/ads…htm

Joey Bloggsy;6191231

equalityforall;6191901

or you can achieve a similar effect by ensuring that the wiring inside … or you can achieve a similar effect by ensuring that the wiring inside your BT master socket is optimised. Ensure that the bell/ring wire - orange/white is not connected, as this can slow speeds dramatically if it is.See here for how to do this http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

Thanks

I've got a special built in filter which the engineer fitted, I've tried the bell wire thing before and it didn't really make any noticeable difference, Been told by other broadband suppliers that the most I'm likely to receive is under 2mb as I'm so far away from the exchange which also has very old lines. I got a really good deal on my broadband package hence why I'm still with bt.

Been with Virgin before and their customer service is the worse I've ever experienced, First they bill you wrong amounts and then when you have a problem with your broadband give you a premium rate number to correct faults that were actually theirs.

Although I'm not really happy with bt and don't like talking to people in India, at least they're a little helpful in sorting the problems.

shauneco;6192256

ThanksI've got a special built in filter which the engineer fitted, I've … ThanksI've got a special built in filter which the engineer fitted, I've tried the bell wire thing before and it didn't really make any noticeable difference, Been told by other broadband suppliers that the most I'm likely to receive is under 2mb as I'm so far away from the exchange which also has very old lines. I got a really good deal on my broadband package hence why I'm still with bt.

Is this built in filter similar to the iplate? I'm miles from my exchange too, and like to get my connection at its best.

equalityforall;6193004

Is this built in filter similar to the iplate? I'm miles from my … Is this built in filter similar to the iplate? I'm miles from my exchange too, and like to get my connection at its best.

Similar, If not the same in effect.

Engineer said it basically removes interference, So can help increase speed.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74828
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk33

See more discussions