Found 21st Dec 2009

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

My hubs had to pay a deposit to order his Tag watch with Goldsmiths, i guess it stops timewasting. Like someone wanting to try on a watch then ordering it online to save money.

if goldsmiths have the watch in stock u can try it on, but if they have to order it in from the supplier then they want a deposit to be sure u aint wasting their time

Carley;7293909

But a different goldsmiths store just told me on the phone they will get … But a different goldsmiths store just told me on the phone they will get it in stock in under 2 weeks for me and i don't have to pay any deposit! i don't understand how 3 goldsmiths stores can have different policies, surely there is a standard company procedure they must follow?Most other jewellers have a selection of watches in stock, ready for the buyer to browse, select and purchase on the day.

Bad staff training maybe :? i know the one we went to there was one lady who didn't have a clue :roll: Or maybe they were just lazy and couldn't be bothered

Banned

Why use goldsmiths?

JonnyTwoToes;7294017

Why use goldsmiths?

because he said this!

I have to buy it from Goldsmiths as i got Tesco vouchers to use

JonnyTwoToes;7294017

Why use goldsmiths?

(and before anyone says shop somewhere else... I have to buy it from … (and before anyone says shop somewhere else... I have to buy it from Goldsmiths as i got Tesco vouchers to use)

:santa:

Banned

Sorry - didn't read that.

Banned

Are you going to buy the watch anyway? If so, whats the issue with the deposit?

I'd want a deposit if I was Goldsmiths

Banned

Carley;7294096

my sense of humour sorry :oops: (joking that they will soon be in … my sense of humour sorry :oops: (joking that they will soon be in receivership)it's not so much the issue of the deposit, it's the waiting time i'm confused with.it's my first purchase with them and so far i'm not very impressed.

but your're using Tesco vouchers .......beggars can't be choosers:p

Banned

just checked on clubcard small print pdf for goldsmiths and you cannot use vouchers at any outlet stores, so you have no choice but to drive 50 miles!

Banned

Carley;7294312

good luck

Carley;7294312

i hope this watch is worth it :w00t:

Banned

leilahfun;7294348

i hope this watch is worth it :w00t:

shes married to ohh ohh seven :-D

Carley;7294365

RRP £620 and technically free with clubcard vouchers (just got to pay for … RRP £620 and technically free with clubcard vouchers (just got to pay for train!)]

Not too bad a deal then! Might be worth just phoning your local Goldsmiths to see if they are singing from the same hymn sheet today.

goldmax;7294373

shes married to ohh ohh seven :-D

:? :thinking:

Banned

Carley;7294096

my sense of humour sorry :oops: (joking that they will soon be in … my sense of humour sorry :oops: (joking that they will soon be in receivership)it's not so much the issue of the deposit, it's the waiting time i'm confused with.it's my first purchase with them and so far i'm not very impressed.

different stores will carry different stock - not that hard to understand

Banned

Carley;7300054

Two stores just 30 miles apart, one could[SIZE="5"] possibly [/SIZE]get … Two stores just 30 miles apart, one could[SIZE="5"] possibly [/SIZE]get it this week, the other one in 6 weeks time????(neither store has stock)

and the fact that they are 30 miles apart carries no bearing whatsoever

sounds like they are spinning you a line to get ypur deposit and sale by saying they will get you it in 2 weeks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best/cheapest music service12
    2. Android pay set up614
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?47
    4. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?25

See more discussions