Groups
    EXPIRED

7 Comments

Im embarrased to say it,because I try to keep abreast of technology,But had an iphone for a year,and an ipod touch for nearly 2 years-the other night was just saying to my daughter that the thing I found most frustrating was going from one app screen to the other using the tiny dots at the bottom of the screen-she then leaned across and swiped her finger on the whole screen and moved it to the next one-I simply cannot believe I had spent so long trying to flick those tiny white dots at the bottom of the screen!

Oh,and maths-forget it! Its completely unrecognisable to the work I did at school.

My 11yr old regularly helps me with my mobile phone when I am trying to upload videos from it - I would happily go back to an old style mobile!

barky;8155645

Im embarrased to say it,because I try to keep abreast of technology,But … Im embarrased to say it,because I try to keep abreast of technology,But had an iphone for a year,and an ipod touch for nearly 2 years-the other night was just saying to my daughter that the thing I found most frustrating was going from one app screen to the other using the tiny dots at the bottom of the screen-she then leaned across and swiped her finger on the whole screen and moved it to the next one-I simply cannot believe I had spent so long trying to flick those tiny white dots at the bottom of the screen!Oh,and maths-forget it! Its completely unrecognisable to the work I did at school.

Barky - I sailed through school/college no problems but the maths my son gets is way over my head and he is primary 6 lol. He was struggling a bit with maths and I now have a teacher come to my home every Wednesday for 1.5hrs to help him:oops:

Mind you that was more for his benefit obviously than mines - and made a huge difference for him!

My 9-yr-old had to show me how to set my ipod to play in the car using one of those wireless FM transmitter thingies :oops:

vinylandtrinkets;8155694

lol my 8 years often has to show me how to get the sky+ box to work , how … lol my 8 years often has to show me how to get the sky+ box to work , how to use the DSI, how to use the Wii,Bossyboots my son's math home work is the same, i remember doing some of his work in Comprehensive school not year 4 in primary school..lol he came home last week with Algebra! at 8 years old! i didnt understand it at school and i dont get it now, he did try to teach me bless him..lolthankfully he is excellent at maths

it gets more confusing I promise you!!! This private tutor has been coming to our house for only 6 weeks now and his maths has improved amazingly. My failure was trying to explain things to him - found that very difficult because I knew the answers, but to explain it was my downfall! Now he is telling me lol

80's & 90's kid....... we've all had the email about how you can tell that you were a 90's kid, what they miss off is that all your homework was copied of Microsoft Encarta.

Banned

barky;8155645

Im embarrased to say it,because I try to keep abreast of technology,But … Im embarrased to say it,because I try to keep abreast of technology,But had an iphone for a year,and an ipod touch for nearly 2 years-the other night was just saying to my daughter that the thing I found most frustrating was going from one app screen to the other using the tiny dots at the bottom of the screen-she then leaned across and swiped her finger on the whole screen and moved it to the next one-I simply cannot believe I had spent so long trying to flick those tiny white dots at the bottom of the screen!Oh,and maths-forget it! Its completely unrecognisable to the work I did at school.

Sorry barky but that is quite astouding!

I LOL'd though - least you know now!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      2. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522113
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26119

See more discussions