Found 26th Jun 2010

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
118 Comments

Banned

Apple said people were holding it wrong themselves. You would think they'd know about such a blatant glitch

Still, pretty daft launching a phone with dodgy software that means it can barely make a call.

moob;8919049

Still, pretty daft launching a phone with dodgy software that means it … Still, pretty daft launching a phone with dodgy software that means it can barely make a call.

Absolute cobblers. Think before you type, eh?

OH has just told me its useless if you're left handed (which I am) as it covers the aerial signal. Or is he winding me up?

It is interference caused by touching the wifi antenna at the same time as the telephone antenna.

Still seems more a hardware issue to me

kaks26;8919142

OH has just told me its useless if you're left handed (which I am) as it … OH has just told me its useless if you're left handed (which I am) as it covers the aerial signal. Or is he winding me up?

Read the Appleinsider article at the top of the page..

kaks26;8919142

OH has just told me its useless if you're left handed (which I am) as it … OH has just told me its useless if you're left handed (which I am) as it covers the aerial signal. Or is he winding me up?

I've made 2.5 hours of calls so far (being a lefty) and I haven't had a dropped call. Infact, out at my mates 'farm' where signal is terrible, it gets a better reception than his 3G.

It obviously is a fault somewhere, but there's not a massive amount of phones affected

siksik6;8919125

Absolute cobblers. Think before you type, eh?

You should employ the same ethos yourself.

Banned

moob;8919049

Still, pretty daft launching a phone with dodgy software that means it … Still, pretty daft launching a phone with dodgy software that means it can barely make a call.

It's got nothing to do with the software:roll:

No problems with mine, no matter how hard I try to make it happen. People are just trying to take away the success away from the launch.

moob;8919207

You should employ the same ethos yourself.

I do. You said it can "barely make a call" which is absolute nonsense. Case or no case, my signal is better than my HTC Desire or my old 3GS.

Banned

News flash !!!
a picture showing the correct way to hold an Iphone has been release
Due to the rush in getting this info out the wrong phone was pictured by mistake

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/3388808555_bdcbde7242.jpg

Alistair1234;8919227

No problems with mine, no matter how hard I try to make it happen. People … No problems with mine, no matter how hard I try to make it happen. People are just trying to take away the success away from the launch.

Agreed. Haters are out in force. Probably just jealous their paper rounds won't stretch that far.

FilthAndFurry;8919217

It's got nothing to do with the software:roll:

You know that because you're an engineer for Apple phones of course.

Why is it people who buy these products are so defensive when they're criticised?:lol:

siksik6;8919228

I do. You said it can "barely make a call" which is absolute nonsense. … I do. You said it can "barely make a call" which is absolute nonsense. Case or no case, my signal is better than my HTC Desire or my old 3GS.

Some people seem to have that opinion. What makes yours correct, and theirs incorrect?

moob;8919244

Some people seem to have that opinion. What makes yours correct, and … Some people seem to have that opinion. What makes yours correct, and theirs incorrect?

You generalised that all iPhones "can barely make a call" which is factually incorrect.

The facts are what makes mine correct. Easy really.

Banned

moob;8919237

You know that because you're an engineer for Apple phones of course.Why … You know that because you're an engineer for Apple phones of course.Why is it people who buy these products are so defensive when they're criticised?:lol:

It's an issue with the frame, ergo the hardware.

Having said that, it isn't a massive deal so long as you avoid covering a certain part of the frame. If you can't follow a simple bit of advice then the iPhone isn't for you:thumbsup:

siksik6;8919270

You generalised that all iPhones "can barely make a call" which is … You generalised that all iPhones "can barely make a call" which is factually incorrect.The facts are what makes mine correct. Easy really.

So everyone who has stated there is an issue with it making calls is lying to spite you?

Do you adopt the same smug grin when you holds yours too?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/48017000/jpg/_48017968_009473885-1.jpg

I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense can see this is a non issue blown all out of proportion by sensationalist journalism and Apple trolls.

I'm off out to enjoy the sunshine, and make some (uninterrupted) calls on my iPhone

FilthAndFurry;8919276

It's an issue with the frame, ergo the hardware.Having said that, it … It's an issue with the frame, ergo the hardware.Having said that, it isn't a massive deal so long as you avoid covering a certain part of the frame. If you can't follow a simple bit of advice then the iPhone isn't for you:thumbsup:

So, there's a technique to holding the phone so it can make a call...interesting.

Did you queue for hours to get yours as well? :lol:

siksik6;8919293

I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense can see this is a non issue blown … I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense can see this is a non issue blown all out of proportion by sensationalist journalism and Apple trolls. I'm off out to enjoy the sunshine, and make some (uninterrupted) calls on my iPhone

You look like you need it!:)

Banned

moob;8919297

So, there's a technique to holding the phone so it can make a … So, there's a technique to holding the phone so it can make a call...interesting.Did you queue for hours to get yours as well? :lol:

There's not technique to make a call. Just don't cover a certain piece of the frame. Having said that covering it doesn't prevent me making a call.

And no, I ordered mine online.

moob;8919291

So everyone who has stated there is an issue with it making calls is … So everyone who has stated there is an issue with it making calls is lying to spite you?Do you adopt the same smug grin when you holds yours too?

Not at all, I'm sure some people have problems, but you generalised that ALL iPhones have problems, which simply isn't true.

Being childish won't help your cause either.

bazzaric;8919187

I've made 2.5 hours of calls so far (being a lefty) and I haven't had a … I've made 2.5 hours of calls so far (being a lefty) and I haven't had a dropped call. Infact, out at my mates 'farm' where signal is terrible, it gets a better reception than his 3G.It obviously is a fault somewhere, but there's not a massive amount of phones affected

Cheers for info! Think he doesn't want me to use his new toy

Alistair1234;8919227

No problems with mine, no matter how hard I try to make it happen. People … No problems with mine, no matter how hard I try to make it happen. People are just trying to take away the success away from the launch.

same here, tried everything to lose my signal and you know what ?...............its fine :thumbsup:

Banned

whatsThePoint;8919229

News flash !!!a picture showing the correct way to hold an Iphone has … News flash !!!a picture showing the correct way to hold an Iphone has been releaseDue to the rush in getting this info out the wrong phone was pictured by mistake

apart from the wrong phone, he is obviously not an apple type person with that greasy mullet

Banned

noob;8919388

same here, tried everything to lose my signal and you know what … same here, tried everything to lose my signal and you know what ?...............its fine :thumbsup:

so out of millions of iphone users only 2 report they have no problems with a signal :whistling:

Banned

jubbyme;8919427

apart from the wrong phone, he is obviously not an apple type person with … apart from the wrong phone, he is obviously not an apple type person with that greasy mullet

Apart from being insecure with the need to be part of a flock, what type of person in an iphone user?

Banned

whatsThePoint;8919472

Apart from being insecure with the need to be part of a flock, what type … Apart from being insecure with the need to be part of a flock, what type of person in an iphone user?

someone who wants to spend 500 quid + contract on a phone when I can do the same for 30 quid?

i have never understood the point of spending so much when you can get camera, fair internet, email access and of course phone & text for 30 quid outright, I did once buy an iPod but hated the itunes experience bloatware, so much for being part of the crowd (and paid more for the brand and less features, no fm, no drag drop, not allowed to use the flash for storage etc)

I bet most iphone owners can only use it to make a call, and spend all their time saying - im on my iphone!

FilthAndFurry;8919276

It's an issue with the frame, ergo the hardware.Having said that, it … It's an issue with the frame, ergo the hardware.Having said that, it isn't a massive deal so long as you avoid covering a certain part of the frame. If you can't follow a simple bit of advice then the iPhone isn't for you:thumbsup:

Although the proper advice should be don't buy one until this problem is fixed.

It is a hardware problem who is the total idiot that says it is software.

electriclinux;8919529

It is a hardware problem who is the total idiot that says it is software.

errr, the OP :thumbsup:

as someone said, mine doesn't have any bars but still makes calls and has fast 3g surfing, with no bars. So that seems like software to me. BTW its my first iphone, not a fanboy here.

Supermod

I dont have a problem with signal and nor does the other 3 people who got the phone on launch with me.

Awful lot of jealousy in these threads.

Don't know why the apple owners are determined to use the ' jealousy' line every time there is any criticism of an apple product, I find it insulting and patronizing. In reply to the op, how can this fault be a sensationalized story created by apple haters when the story originated from iphone FANS that bought it on release and posted comments on forums asking about the fault, which by the way was acknowledged by Steve Jobs no less. So why jump out and queue all night to buy one and HOPE there isn't the fault with your phone, which there might not off course, as apposed to wait a while to see if there was a problem, if it has been fixed or how they are going to resolve it. Doesn't that make more sense? And isn't that better than attacking the apple ' haters'?

P.s. and no, I'm not an apple iphone hater in contrary to what people think, and intend to buy one (for my wife) when all the dust settles and see how it pans out + when the white comes out.

Supermod

ei8hty5ive;8919868

Don't know why the apple owners are determined to use the ' jealousy' … Don't know why the apple owners are determined to use the ' jealousy' line every time there is any criticism of an apple product, I find it insulting and patronizing. In reply to the op, how can this fault be a sensationalized story created by apple haters when the story originated from iphone FANS that bought it on release and posted comments on forums asking about the fault, which by the way was acknowledged by Steve Jobs no less. So why jump out and queue all night to buy one and HOPE there isn't the fault with your phone, which there might not off course, as apposed to wait a while to see if there was a problem, if it has been fixed or how they are going to resolve it. Doesn't that make more sense? And isn't that better than attacking the apple ' haters'?P.s. and no, I'm not an apple iphone hater in contrary to what people think, and intend to buy one (for my wife) when all the dust settles and see how it pans out + when the white comes out.

I am glad you feel partonised and insulted over something so trivial.

ei8hty5ive;8919868

Don't know why the apple owners are determined to use the ' jealousy' … Don't know why the apple owners are determined to use the ' jealousy' line every time there is any criticism of an apple product, I find it insulting and patronizing. In reply to the op, how can this fault be a sensationalized story created by apple haters when the story originated from iphone FANS that bought it on release and posted comments on forums asking about the fault, which by the way was acknowledged by Steve Jobs no less. So why jump out and queue all night to buy one and HOPE there isn't the fault with your phone, which there might not off course, as apposed to wait a while to see if there was a problem, if it has been fixed or how they are going to resolve it. Doesn't that make more sense? And isn't that better than attacking the apple ' haters'?P.s. and no, I'm not an apple iphone hater in contrary to what people think, and intend to buy one (for my wife) when all the dust settles and see how it pans out + when the white comes out.

Personally I think a lot of it is Jealousy.

Before the Apple iPhone I used to be a massive nokia fan, right through to when smart phones came out, I have had the XDA's, Blackberrys etc. My wife currently has the blackberry and it doesnt come close to the way the iPhone works.

Its the same story on here with the Mac Haters, too expensive this and that. At the end of the day if you want quality, you need to look for it. And Apple seems to make quality items. This signal issue is, as said a software one and not hardware. And it is being amplified by the people who are 'mac haters' - Yes we pay a premium, but no other phone gives us superb HD video, super high quality display, iPod, full internet (obviously no flash blah blah blah) - Apps which are very good and the ability to game just as good as the DS/PSP'S

I have never used a device more than I have used my iPhone - It truly is an amazing piece of kit.

Banned

^^ if anyone is taking things too seriously, it's iPhone fans... justifying 500 quid anyway they can

Supermod

jubbyme;8919963

^^ if anyone is taking things too seriously, it's iPhone fans... … ^^ if anyone is taking things too seriously, it's iPhone fans... justifying 500 quid anyway they can

Well why should I not be able to spend £500 when I can easily afford it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769358
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951379
    3. Add one, leave one game54415425
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226639

See more discussions