Found 11th Aug 2010

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
175 Comments

i feel a little tired! i've had a headache since i woke up, apart from that alright. just doing a bit of cooking right now

ramadhan mubarak to all and the first day is always a bit tough but gets better from here onwards

abdullah1

ramadhan mubarak to all and the first day is always a bit tough but gets … ramadhan mubarak to all and the first day is always a bit tough but gets better from here onwards

ameen and ramadhan mubarak to u

explain this to me please as I am interested - I take it you cant eat at certain times of the day?

Banned

I couldn't stop eating for anyone.

bykergrove

not too long left! I've delayed my dinner so I can eat with my family not too long left! I've delayed my dinner so I can eat with my family will be fasting tomorrow insh-allah

lol yeh it nice eating with family and inshallah you feel better for fasting tomorrow

bossyboots

explain this to me please as I am interested - I take it you cant eat at … explain this to me please as I am interested - I take it you cant eat at certain times of the day?

yes you wake up around 3 in the morning and today i'll be breaking my fast at 8.42. normally i feel like eating all sorts during the day but when the time comes to eat, i only manage to eat a bit and im soooooooooooo full

bossyboots

explain this to me please as I am interested - I take it you cant eat at … explain this to me please as I am interested - I take it you cant eat at certain times of the day?

Fasting is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility and … Fasting is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility and spirituality

All the best with it guys - must be tough at times but you also must feel a huge sense of achievement when it comes to an end

Banned

I am already patient, humble and spiritual.

I don't need anybody to tell me so.

Each to there own.

Banned

Kulsum

[quote=bykergrove]lol yeh it nice eating with family and inshallah you … [quote=bykergrove]lol yeh it nice eating with family and inshallah you feel better for fasting tomorrow

DLM

I couldn't stop eating for anyone.

No not even you.

I am selfish

Banned

Well I get up at 5am when I'm working days and the sun is just rising, do you get up super early to have breakfast then go back to bed or do you not eat?

If you live in the traditional muslim nations where they have longer days due to being closer to the equator, do they show more patience than you. In this respect shouldn't you follow the same rise and fall of sun as they do...to be fair ? else I think you're cheating.

Banned

Why would a cold stop you from fasting?

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Why would a cold stop you from fasting?

"Feed a cold, starve a fever."

Banned

bykergrove

because I was taking medicine.

For a cold? What would Muhammed say?

Banned

I am eating chips & gravy right now with a nice cold bottle of carlsberg.

Nobody is going to stop me.

Yum, yum

Banned

Byker - stop being so precious about it. Learn to laugh at the things you and others do. Chill.

Can you not drink water when fasting ? I have looked up Ramadan on google as i am intrigued , but not sure about water, good luck anyway, everyone who's a muslim and fasting at thw moment !,
Sunsetting soon , so enjoy !:D

We wake up in the morning at about 3:30AM and have as much as we can to eat/drink and we have specific times (different according to where you live) to when we cannot eat or drink anymore. Then we can't eat/drink at all until the sunsets at about 9 PM

Banned

bykergrove

i'm not being precious about anything. sometimes its good to behave like … i'm not being precious about anything. sometimes its good to behave like an adult and understand that something that someone else does that may seem strange to you is important to them. and you should be a bigger man and respect it rather than always go for a cheap joke/get a rise out of someone.

You spend your day starving yourself. Why can't you see the funny side in that.

And before you say it's important etc. you cried off because you had a cold. Really important.

Banned

Not drinking = bad breath. That's true for most people I've met.

Banned

byker if you dont want this to end n the usual way its prob best to ignore those who are trying to incite a reaction

and good luck to all those fasting

Half hour to go

But then another 29 days to go (approx)

Banned

bykergrove

[email protected] starving yourself.you obviously have no self control/discipline, i … [email protected] starving yourself.you obviously have no self control/discipline, i guess that's why you find it so hard to understand.I was working today so if I had a cold and was fasting then I felt it would affect my productivity. God knows my intention so he can judge me not you son. Plus i'm going to keep an extra fast after eid.

I am only having a joke with you byker

clubba 786

We wake up in the morning at about 3:30AM and have as much as we can to … We wake up in the morning at about 3:30AM and have as much as we can to eat/drink and we have specific times (different according to where you live) to when we cannot eat or drink anymore. Then we can't eat/drink at all until the sunsets at about 9 PM

That must be sooooooooooooo difficult! I cant even eat breakfast at 8am - have it around 10am when out at work! But I suppose after a few days of this you wouldnt care what the time is - u just wanna eat!! Must be very difficult to have no water - that cant be good for you as well. Especially if it gets hot outside!!

Banned

sassie

byker if you dont want this to end n the usual way its prob best to … byker if you dont want this to end n the usual way its prob best to ignore those who are trying to incite a reactionand good luck to all those fasting

Any post is trying to get a reaction - that's the point of these things. This place has become really boring because people like you have got your way and killed any interesting discussions dead.

It's hardly surprising people have moved on to other places where debate is actually welcome and not every member is like you.

Wow, that must be hard , bet your glad we arnt having the heatwave they predicted for this month eh , l

bossyboots

That must be sooooooooooooo difficult! I cant even eat breakfast at 8am … That must be sooooooooooooo difficult! I cant even eat breakfast at 8am - have it around 10am when out at work! But I suppose after a few days of this you wouldnt care what the time is - u just wanna eat!! Must be very difficult to have no water - that cant be good for you as well. Especially if it gets hot outside!!

We spend most of the day sleeping or praying so time goes very very fast

Banned

bykergrove

[email protected] starving yourself.you obviously have no self control/discipline, i … [email protected] starving yourself.you obviously have no self control/discipline, i guess that's why you find it so hard to understand.I was working today so if I had a cold and was fasting then I felt it would affect my productivity. God knows my intention so he can judge me not you son. Plus i'm going to keep an extra fast after eid.

Please don't call me son.

Starving oneself means they have less energy so of course their productivity will be down. Let alone the breath situation if they can't drink.

All because of some imaginary guy (yes I know you believe he's real, but he isn't).

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Any post is trying to get a reaction - that's the point of these things. … Any post is trying to get a reaction - that's the point of these things. This place has become really boring because people like you have got your way and killed any interesting discussions dead. It's hardly surprising people have moved on to other places where debate is actually welcome and not every member is like you.

You are not allowed to be an individual on this forum.

Don't YOU know

Banned

bykergrove

it's surprising how well the body does/gets used to fasting. after a week … it's surprising how well the body does/gets used to fasting. after a week I honestly don't notice it that much. fasting is actually good for your health (medically not only spiritually) it's like a detox

Detoxing is baloney too. It's what housewives believe in.

It isn't good for you not to drink anything at all. I used to go for ages without drinking anything and now I get problems with my kidneys because of it. It taught me a lesson.
Would having a drink of water really cause a problem with the fast?

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Detoxing is baloney too. It's what housewives believe in.

People are still housewives in 2010?

OMG

galareho

It isn't good for you not to drink anything at all. I used to go for ages … It isn't good for you not to drink anything at all. I used to go for ages without drinking anything and now I get problems with my kidneys because of it. It taught me a lesson. Would having a drink of water really cause a problem with the fast?

Oh yes it would cause a problem- Nothing is allowed to enter the mouth-Simple!

Banned

clubba 786

Oh yes it would cause a problem- Nothing is allowed to enter the … Oh yes it would cause a problem- Nothing is allowed to enter the mouth-Simple!

Not even your wife/husband/partner etc..

Banned

bykergrove

Let me clarify for Sassie, you post to get a negative reaction. posting … Let me clarify for Sassie, you post to get a negative reaction. posting to incite negative reactions is not a healthy discussion. you're just trolling and not everyone appreciates trolls in every thread.this is the last post of yours i'll respond to. if you thread spoil any further then I'll report each and every post of yours that is off topic (since you dont fast from dusk till dawn at all then all of your posts in this thread is off topic)

I'm just pointing out how silly it is what you're doing. That's still allowed. But if you must run to the mods I'm sure they'll oblige you because there is a danger of misc losing the tumbleweed.

clubba 786

Oh yes it would cause a problem- Nothing is allowed to enter the … Oh yes it would cause a problem- Nothing is allowed to enter the mouth-Simple!

How do diabetic muslims cope with the fasting or are they exempt?

Banned

FilthAndFurry

I'm just pointing out how silly it is what you're doing. That's still … I'm just pointing out how silly it is what you're doing. That's still allowed. But if you must run to the mods I'm sure they'll oblige you because there is a danger of misc losing the tumbleweed.

Why aren't you answering any of my quotes :cry:

Banned

galareho

How do diabetic muslims cope with the fasting or are they exempt?

They pay to get out of it - Mo accepts Visa.

clubba 786

We spend most of the day sleeping or praying so time goes very very fast … We spend most of the day sleeping or praying so time goes very very fast

You must sympathise then with those that work full time - must be very difficult for them!! I hope you all get through this and it gets easier as the days go on.

Best of luck

Banned

FilthAndFurry

They pay to get out of it - Mo accepts Visa.

American express any good? X)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions