Groups

Banned

15 Comments

Banned

bykergrove

It looks as though the monkeys at hmrc have taxed me too much in feb

Racist?

I believe you can go back 6 years.
    But don't hold your breath. I've been 'talking' to them for 8 years about something. They're totally clueless on everything and at the moment are taking 3 months plus to reply to mail and 6 weeks to even open it, so there's no point putting something like 'I'll give you 4 weeks to reply'...

I was paying too much tax up until xmas, i got a p61or was it a p62 lol, cant remember! and i got it all back in January .

How have you calculated that you have overpaid? If you are PAYE its not that likely, you'll probably need to wait till your P60 to work out the actual figures for the year.

Banned

you overpaid £1300 tax just in feb?

Banned

steve1221

I believe you can go back 6 years.But don't hold your breath. I've been … I believe you can go back 6 years.But don't hold your breath. I've been 'talking' to them for 8 years about something. They're totally clueless on everything and at the moment are taking 3 months plus to reply to mail and 6 weeks to even open it, so there's no point putting something like 'I'll give you 4 weeks to reply'...

Hu took me one phone call to get a £895 tax rebate.

csiman

you overpaid £1300 tax just in feb?

Checking the overall amount it seems like I'm owed about £1,300

If they are big 'extra amounts' they will probably affect your expected salary for the year; its probably easier to work it out when your P60 arrives anyway as this will have you annual earnings and tax paid on it.

bykergrove

Thanks mate! I should have made it a bit clearer.

No problemo hope you get it all sorted.

Banned

yep - wait a couple of weeks for your p60 to arrive

You know if they have pushed you over £100k you begin to lose your tax allowance? So are effectively charged 50% tax on earnings between 100k and ~113k?

bykergrove

Yeah I haven't hit that amount yet! I'm going to cry even more when/if I … Yeah I haven't hit that amount yet! I'm going to cry even more when/if I do

my heart bleeds

/s

Byker i got a p6 (1or2) from my employers ( council )

Might be worthwhile you going to see an accountant. We still use the same man when we first started our business and we were earning peanuts back then but he gave us peace of mind and has saved us an absolute fortune over the years
    Edited by: "bossyboots" 29th Mar 2011

I noticed my tax code was wrong and rang the tax office March 6th...
    Had my payslip today for March 31st.. and refund for the year in my pay for this month.
    Can't fault it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2174
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it22
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay918
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?915

See more discussions