Percy Pigs contain pork gelatine i.e. real pig!

Found 25th Feb 2010
Anybody else noticed this and if so has it affected their love of Percy Pigs knowing they are in fact eating boiled bones, skins and tendons of pigs?

Just a thought

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

No don't care.

Banned

what the eck is a percy pig

sassie;7953831

what the eck is a percy pig

disgusting sweets

Lovely chewy sweets...........:-D

Banned

oh ok, never heard of them

Most jelly sweets contain geletine, also should look out for Cochineal, which is beetle blood used as red food dye

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;7954008

Most jelly sweets contain geletine, also should look out for Cochineal, … Most jelly sweets contain geletine, also should look out for Cochineal, which is beetle blood used as red food dye

I don't know why they can't use a vegetarian gelatine substitute to be honest, I mean let's face it, who really wants to eat pork gelatine?

The OP is telling porkies :whistling:

mmmmmmmm who cares whats in it they taste goood lol

ummm pork gelatine....

kelly_o_fanatic;7954008

Most jelly sweets contain geletine, also should look out for Cochineal, … Most jelly sweets contain geletine, also should look out for Cochineal, which is beetle blood used as red food dye

It used to be made from beetle shells - almost all of it is synthetic now though, they just kept the name cochineal red.

I don't know why they can't use a vegetarian gelatine substitute to be … I don't know why they can't use a vegetarian gelatine substitute to be honest, I mean let's face it, who really wants to eat pork gelatine?

'cause it costs about 10 times as much. You can get Halal Haribo if you are willing to pay the extra.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

They are delicious
I eat other bits of animals, love jelly etc. and have no issue with the gelatine use.
Post a comment
@
    Text