Found 29th Dec 2009
How long should you keep an egg boiling to get the perfect soft egg?

1. Misc
  2. Egg
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Egg
26 Comments

2m 45s

1 hour...

check on it after 30mins

an osterich egg?

acecatcher3;3885917

1 hour...check on it after 30mins

lol

lol, not very helpful!! would say 2 minutes though

id say 4:53 tbh imo

Id go with 2 mins...but recently Ive been grabbing them out of the saucepan after the toast has popped and Ive buttered it.

Anyone got any tips for poaching eggs? Some people say to stir up the boiling water in the pan to get a whirlpool going then pour the egg into it...others say to just boil and pour in without stirring lol ...whichever way I do it, the white breaks up

Runny yoke with the white cooked as it should be, three to three and a half minutes.:thumbsup:

its 1 min isnt it?

Tanchi;3885994

its 1 hour isnt it?

yeah man...dunno what others are on bout "2mins" good luck with that!

i thought its 4 mins

Tanchi;3885994

its 1 min isnt it?

Tanchi;3885994

its 1 hour isnt it?

acecatcher3;3886007

yeah man...dunno what others are on bout "2mins" good luck with that!

talk about putting words in other people mouths...

Original Poster

hahahaha .... so its somewhere between 1min and 1hr then

3 minutes...im sure?!

Tanchi;3886105

talk about putting words in other people mouths...

haha im gonna have to stop doing it!

kidcat;3886251

ask delia … ask delia :)http://www.deliaonline.com/cookery-school/how-to/how-to-boil-an-egg,3,AR.html

Have tried delia`s boiled and poached eggs and they are done to perfection following her guidelines:-D

Pan111;3885982

Id go with 2 mins...but recently Ive been grabbing them out of the … Id go with 2 mins...but recently Ive been grabbing them out of the saucepan after the toast has popped and Ive buttered it.Anyone got any tips for poaching eggs? Some people say to stir up the boiling water in the pan to get a whirlpool going then pour the egg into it...others say to just boil and pour in without stirring lol ...whichever way I do it, the white breaks up

my mum puts vinegar in the pan

mmmm...will try this tonight

Ensure the egg is at room temperature first. Add it to a pan of boiling water for exactly one minute, then remove from the heat. Put a lid on, and leave for 5 minutes. when you take it out, it'll be dippy and yummy and mmmmm I want one now.

Put egg into cold tap water in small saucepan and heat to boiling. Simmer for 2 minutes - take out. Check that it's right by cracking off the top and if it's too runny leave the top on for a bit.

Or, get one of these:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/bosch-egg-boiler.jpg

I bought some little dish things you put the egg into and stick in the microwave...the things exploded lol

DIVA1977;3886100

i thought its 4 mins

yep, 4mins.

Pan111;3887135

I bought some little dish things you put the egg into and stick in the … I bought some little dish things you put the egg into and stick in the microwave...the things exploded lol

Ha ha! I did that - never tried it again :oops:

Pan111;3885982

Id go with 2 mins...but recently Ive been grabbing them out of the … Id go with 2 mins...but recently Ive been grabbing them out of the saucepan after the toast has popped and Ive buttered it.Anyone got any tips for poaching eggs? Some people say to stir up the boiling water in the pan to get a whirlpool going then pour the egg into it...others say to just boil and pour in without stirring lol ...whichever way I do it, the white breaks up

for poached eggs i boil the water put it in the pan without stirring it and i use those ring thingies to put the eggs into and they come out perfect :thumbsup:

what ring thingies?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769604
    2. Add one, leave one game54415467
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830

See more discussions