Performance start at cineworld

Found 30th Sep 2012
I have booked tickets for cineworld at 17:35 what time would the movie start?

There are normally 20 minutes of adverts and trailers before the start of the movie so do you reckon the movie starts at 17:35 or is this the time for the trailers to start?
Community Updates
MiscCineworld
31 Comments
I'd get there at 17:35 to be safe, depends how pushed for time you are I guess. I always mean to check the actual start time of films to answer the same question in my own mind... but always forget.
On some films there are not too many trailers. I would suggest getting there on time. Also although there are usually free spaces, some films/cinemas are more full than others. So to get reasonable seats its best to be on time
cheers guys.
i am gonna be seeing the much acclaimed new movie, killing them softly, so really looking forward to it.
mutley1

cheers guys.i am gonna be seeing the much acclaimed new movie, killing … cheers guys.i am gonna be seeing the much acclaimed new movie, killing them softly, so really looking forward to it.

Lol heard it's not great. Looper is the better choice.
oddballjamie

oh man, wish you hadn't said that. i've already booked the tickets now.
oddballjamie

I've seen them both, and they are both excellent. Enjoy mate!
mutley1

oh man, wish you hadn't said that. i've already booked the tickets now. … oh man, wish you hadn't said that. i've already booked the tickets now.

They didnt cost you anything. Some films are missable but most I have seen have been good.
the_mongoose_man

I've seen them both, and they are both excellent. Enjoy mate!

cheers for that mate. that makes me feel a lot better.
Will be about 20 mins of trailers before it starts.
|Shaz|

Will be about 20 mins of trailers before it starts.

you mean if i got tickets on their website for 17:35, the movie won't actually start until 17:55?
mutley1

you mean if i got tickets on their website for 17:35, the movie won't … you mean if i got tickets on their website for 17:35, the movie won't actually start until 17:55?

One of three things could happen.
1. cinema not busy, film starts at 6, all good.
2. cinema busy you end up with lame seats at the side or back.
3. films starts soon after opening, you miss the beginning and annoy fellow movies goers by fumbling around in the dark whilst they are trying to enjoy the film.

I don't see any issue with getting there on time, unless your time is that much more precious than anyone elses.
Edited by: "oddballjamie" 30th Sep 2012
oddballjamie

Three things could happen.1. cinema not busy, film starts at 6, all … Three things could happen.1. cinema not busy, film starts at 6, all good.2. cinema busy you end up with lame seats at the side or back.3. films starts soon after opening, you miss the beginning and annoy fellow movies goers by fumbling around in the dark whilst they are trying to enjoy the film.I don't see any issue with getting there on time, unless your time is that much more precious than anyone elses.

my time is very precious and i have very little time, which you would not believe considering the amount of time i spend on here.

thinking about it, that may be why i have so little time.
mutley1

my time is very precious and i have very little time, which you would not … my time is very precious and i have very little time, which you would not believe considering the amount of time i spend on here.thinking about it, that may be why i have so little time.

I was starting to think the time just spent on this post, you could go an hour early. lol
So is this your first date with your PM friend then?
mutley1

you mean if i got tickets on their website for 17:35, the movie won't … you mean if i got tickets on their website for 17:35, the movie won't actually start until 17:55?

thats right. they always play trailers before it starts.
Last few times I've been to Cineworld the adverts and trailers last 30 - 35 minutes which is ridiculous.
And yes, movie won't start until about 5 past 6
Edited by: "Mikey91" 30th Sep 2012
At vue there's at least 30 mins of adverts every time
I always add15 to 30 mins to any cinema "start" times
Basically they lie about the start time so you have to watch the stupid ads
watched killing them softly yesterday. nothing special. average. not a lot happens really.
WoolyM

So is this your first date with your PM friend then?

no. i am going with me other half thank you.
DE4L3R

watched killing them softly yesterday. nothing special. average. not a … watched killing them softly yesterday. nothing special. average. not a lot happens really.

i don't need this right now.
mutley1

no. i am going with me other half thank you.

Its safest. You never know, it could have been a honeytrap
WoolyM

Its safest. You never know, it could have been a honeytrap

what's a honeytrap?
update.

killing softly was rubbish as some had said. wish i had posted this before i bought the tickets.
we plan to watch looper this weekend, any opinion?

the movie started at around 6pm after all the trailers.
mutley1

update.killing softly was rubbish as some had said. wish i had posted … update.killing softly was rubbish as some had said. wish i had posted this before i bought the tickets.we plan to watch looper this weekend, any opinion?the movie started at around 6pm after all the trailers.

Saw Looper on Monday (also at a Cineworld - Enfield). Thought it was good, but not as good as it thinks it is or as all the great reviews had led me to believe. The poster says "This decade's The Matrix" - NOT in my opinion, as Looper is nowhere near as original and genre-changing as that film was. In fact Looper seems to be a combination of lots of other films. But some great scenes and cinematography, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt was good as always, as was Emily Blunt - who both seem to be in almost everything these days - and it was good to see Bruce Willis back in an action role.
Loopers alright.

Worth a watch.
sounds encouring guys. thanks.
update.
saw looper, thought it was a great movie. the young star of the movie, whom i have not seen before, carries the movie and bruce willis almost played a camio role.

would definately recommend, especially if you are into time travel movies like i am.
mutley1

update.saw looper, thought it was a great movie. the young star of the … update.saw looper, thought it was a great movie. the young star of the movie, whom i have not seen before, carries the movie and bruce willis almost played a camio role.would definately recommend, especially if you are into time travel movies like i am.

not seen it yet as i have seen the young guy before and i always see him as nerd type from previous stuff.
brilly

not seen it yet as i have seen the young guy before and i always see him … not seen it yet as i have seen the young guy before and i always see him as nerd type from previous stuff.

he was really good in this movie.

there almost was a fight in the cinema when we were watching as there was a bunch of rowdy young men talking loudly throughout the movie and some other guy took exception to this and told them to shut up and went over to have fight but nothing came of it.

wish people would be less selfish and not spoil it for other people.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions