perhaps the Beatles will forever be the best band ever - Sgt Pepper rules

45 replies
Found 12th Jan
Anything which has been produced since pales.

Sgt Pepper on analogue is far better tha what is being produced today?

1. Misc
  2. Beatles
45 Comments

I love the Beatles.

Are you on crack. Haven't you heard of Justin beiber? Only the biggest pop star to of ever walked the planet.

Original Poster

nokiafusion

Are you on crack. Haven't you heard of Justin beiber? Only the biggest … Are you on crack. Haven't you heard of Justin beiber? Only the biggest pop star to of ever walked the planet.

ha ha, yeah. Justin is very talented and doesn't wholly rely on others.

Original Poster

david_wavid

I love the Beatles.

yes who are you, and why do you follow me, trolling?

davewave

Sgt Pepper on analogue is far better tha what is being produced today?

"Tha" is by Aphex Twin.

Original Poster

fanpages

"Tha" is by Aphex Twin.

literally one of the most dullest and uninspiring songs I have ever heard, sorry if that upsets you Chongy!

maybe as far as boybands types go. but plenty better when you get in to a wider spectrum queen, AC/DC, Foo fighters to name a few

Original Poster

o0bean0o0head0o

maybe as far as boybands types go. but plenty better when you get in to a … maybe as far as boybands types go. but plenty better when you get in to a wider spectrum queen, AC/DC, Foo fighters to name a few

AC/DC?

davewave

AC/DC?

You've been...ThunderSnowed
http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276392/Article/images/30019795/15770078-mobile.jpg

Banned

The stones were/are better

nokiafusion

Are you on crack. Haven't you heard of Justin beiber? Only the biggest … Are you on crack. Haven't you heard of Justin beiber? Only the biggest pop star to of ever walked the planet.

He's the Mozart of our time, a sublime and deeply enigmatic artist who will be celebrated for generations.

Sgt Pepper isn't even the best Beatles album.

Original Poster

Rubisco

Sgt Pepper isn't even the best Beatles album.

Rubber Soul?

abbey road is my favourite

Don't understand what the fuss is about tbh, never really liked anything they did apart from Hey Jude.

Original Poster

teh arn

Don't understand what the fuss is about tbh, never really liked anything … Don't understand what the fuss is about tbh, never really liked anything they did apart from Hey Jude.

yeah rings true! glad you came!

just out of interest Dave, what motivated you to create a thread in 2017 about a band/album from the 60s...I think you love One Direction but are currently in denial

Original Poster

DarkEnergy2012

just out of interest Dave, what motivated you to create a thread in 2017 … just out of interest Dave, what motivated you to create a thread in 2017 about a band/album from the 60s...I think you love One Direction but are currently in denial

​i love the 60s and the 10s but was watching a documentary about more modern bands trying to recreate Sgt pepper album
I do think similar innovation is present in modern day house music. Daft punk specifically deserves a mention.

mod

Can't grumble about The Beatles being the best band ever; however, personally I think Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, The White Album are better than Sgt Peppers. However, that being said, at the time no album had a bigger impact that Sgt. P, due to the album cover, the concept, the freebies etc. The Beach Boys didn't do too bad with Pet Sounds as an 'answer', but musically, there are better Beatles albums IMO.

Original Poster

andywedge

Can't grumble about The Beatles being the best band ever; however, … Can't grumble about The Beatles being the best band ever; however, personally I think Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, The White Album are better than Sgt Peppers. However, that being said, at the time no album had a bigger impact that Sgt. P, due to the album cover, the concept, the freebies etc. The Beach Boys didn't do too bad with Pet Sounds as an 'answer', but musically, there are better Beatles albums IMO.

well put.

The Beatles suck, Rolling Stones where far better

Original Poster

Error440

The Beatles suck, Rolling Stones where far better

heard that before but which album?

The Beatles are the greatest band in the world,and always will be.Reinvented themselves on every album.Plus theyre form the greatest city in the world,Liverpool Viva Scouseland
[img]lovethispic.com/upl…gif?1[/img]

Original Poster

well apart from all of Motown, which just is so uplifting!!!!

teh arn

Don't understand what the fuss is about tbh, never really liked anything … Don't understand what the fuss is about tbh, never really liked anything they did apart from Hey Jude.

I'm with you. Surely the most overrated band ever.

themachman

The Beatles are the greatest band in the world,and always will … The Beatles are the greatest band in the world,and always will be.Reinvented themselves on every album.Plus theyre form the greatest city in the world,Liverpool Viva Scouseland [img]http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/124176-The-Beatles-Gif.gif?1[/img]

The only grate thing about Liverpool is the accent.

Original Poster

fanpages

The only grate thing about Liverpool is the accent.

oh you are so clever, you did something so clvr with great vs grate.

davewave

literally one of the most dullest and uninspiring songs I have ever … literally one of the most dullest and uninspiring songs I have ever heard, sorry if that upsets you Chongy!

Whoosh.

Original Poster

this is my favourite song if I ever feel blue, and the video is so cute, she surely has the hots for him...

youtube.com/wat…mbg

Original Poster

david_wavid

I love the Beatles.

stop trolling, troll.

davewave

heard that before but which album?

Greatest hits

Been brought up with the Beatles parents of that generation, they were always on. most of our lot seem to agree that they are dare I say it over rated. And don't get us started on Paul McCartney

mod

deeky

I'm with you. Surely the most overrated band ever.

Shocker!! And here's me thinking you thought that was The Smiths X)

andywedge

Shocker!! And here's me thinking you thought that was The Smiths X)

No, The Smiths are the most irritating X) Especially Mor....Mor...Mor... I can't even bring myself to say his name X)

mod

deeky

No, The Smiths are the most irritating X) Especially Mor....Mor...Mor... … No, The Smiths are the most irritating X) Especially Mor....Mor...Mor... I can't even bring myself to say his name X)

The philosophy behind MOR is to provide a personalised sensory journey, … The philosophy behind MOR is to provide a personalised sensory journey, where an ordinary everyday practice turns into a beautiful daily pampering ritual.

How fitting morboutique.com/
Chill dude, chill X)

andywedge

How fitting https://www.morboutique.com/Chill dude, chill X)

I was fine till you mentioned them

http://static.yourtango.com/cdn/farfuture/mLhFTeC2zZHQztHdzu6AMTUedM5LFxWimagjCyLrMSs/mtime:1473790431/sites/default/files/teeth.gif
Edited by: "deeky" 12th Jan

Does not compare with "Dark side of the moon".

[quote=fanpages][quote=themachman] The Beatles are the greatest band in the world,and always will be.Reinvented themselves on every album.Plus theyre form the greatest city in the world,Liverpool Viva Scouseland http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Unfunny_5909f2_1436747.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73804
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!66
    4. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11

See more discussions