Posted 23rd Oct 2021
Is an e-code offered by perks at work, a gift card? or is it just a discount code valued at how much you top it up?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
11 Comments
  1. Avatar
    If you mean ones by Currys/Argos, it’s a gift card that get posted to you
  2. Avatar
    Author
    sm969023/10/2021 22:53

If you mean ones by Currys/Argos, it’s a gift card that get posted to you

How about asos? Any idea if it's a gift card?
  3. Avatar
    joe14023/10/2021 22:53

How about asos? Any idea if it's a gift card?

Oh just looked…..
    if you wanna purchase something for £100 you’d then purchase a £100 Asos gift cards through perks at work and then it would get emailed to you and you’d be credited with the respective wow points to your perks at work account
  4. Avatar
    Author
    sm969023/10/2021 22:55

Oh just looked…..if you wanna purchase something for £100 you’d then purc …Oh just looked…..if you wanna purchase something for £100 you’d then purchase a £100 Asos gift cards through perks at work and then it would get emailed to you and you’d be credited with the respective wow points to your perks at work account

I don't like that idea. I have another employee discount page that just gives me the discount rather than these wow point rubbish haha
  5. Avatar
    joe14023/10/2021 22:57

I don't like that idea. I have another employee discount page that just …I don't like that idea. I have another employee discount page that just gives me the discount rather than these wow point rubbish haha

It does tell you straight up on the page lol, it’s not hiding anything
    Edited by: "sm9690" 23rd Oct 2021
  6. Avatar

I don't like that idea. I have another employee discount page that just …I don't like that idea. I have another employee discount page that just gives me the discount rather than these wow point rubbish haha

With a few stores e-codes can be emailed to you at a discounted rate
  7. Avatar

There is nothing wrong with the wow points... Quite simply it is percentage cash back, just like topcashback. The points go into your perks account and can be withdrawn to your bank as actual cash or used against further purchases.
  8. Avatar
    a666andy23/10/2021 23:19

There is nothing wrong with the wow points... Quite simply it is …There is nothing wrong with the wow points... Quite simply it is percentage cash back, just like topcashback. The points go into your perks account and can be withdrawn to your bank as actual cash or used against further purchases.

And in some cases, the points saving is more than the direct discount. For example, 5% discount on the gift card or 6% points.
  9. Avatar
    On ours if you are buying from Currys for example and buy an email version which is instant its 6% or you can have a top up card which is posted to you but saves you 7%.
    Edited by: "Dusty666" 24th Oct 2021
  10. Avatar
    Reward Gateway tends to have a bigger discount and no-'wow points' faff but I changed employer so now with Perks at Work.

One other thing to bear in mind is that the 'Card-linked perks' don't work if your bank offers anything similar (e.g. Halifax or NatWest rewards). You almost need another non-participatory card if you want to take advantage of those, I've signed up for an Amazon CC but I suspect that won't qualify either as it earns a tiny reward back on Amazon too.
  11. Avatar
    I can't seem to find Argos when I search perks at work. I have an account with them.
Post a comment
Top Merchants