Perseid meteor shower take a look outside now

Found 12th Aug 2017
The Perseid meteor shower will peak over the weekend, giving stargazers the opportunity to spot scores of shooting stars in the sky.

Astronomers say hundreds of meteors will streak across the sky in a display that may be visible around the world.

The Perseid meteor shower occurs every July and August as the Earth passes debris from the Swift-Tuttle comet.

The BBC Weather centre said it would peak from 23:00 BST on Saturday and could be seen in most parts of the UK.

Spotted quite few so far this evening, worth popping your head out for a quick peek
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
It was great saw some moths and aeroplane lights

Then I went to bed
11 Comments
It was great saw some moths and aeroplane lights

Then I went to bed
Wongy1109 m ago

It was great saw some moths and aeroplane lightsThen I went to bed

We also spotted a few moths & areoplanes

We must have been really lucky I saw around 10 meteors from about 10:45 until midnight

Some of them were stunning, really bright shooting stars.
Wongy11036 m ago

It was great saw some moths and aeroplane lightsThen I went to bed

Yeah me too, I reckon you must live somewhere close to me!
Damn it, i didn't know
Error4408 m ago

Damn it, i didn't know

Don't worry still chance to catch it if you are interested.

"One of the most stunning events in the stargazer's calendar is the annual Perseid meteor shower.

Although it officially starts on July 17, the shower runs through until August 27 and hits its peak in the early part of the month.

At that point, astronomers can see up to 80 shooting stars an hour.

This year, the Perseid meteor shower is set to peak tonight ( Saturday, August 12) , although you'll still get excellent visibility on the nights of the 11th and 13th."
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 13th Aug 2017
I see 3 my daughter see 4 was fantastic to see some super fast streaks of bright light with lasting trails, woah!!.

Just highlights how powerless and small we really are, opens your eyes
Didn't see any last night at 23:30
haven't seen any this afternoon
Following Brexit we see better meteor showers I find. The clouds of European imperialism have cleared and the whole world is out there for us to see.

sydney213th Aug

Didn't see any last night at 23:30

Same too cloudy\light poluted
Saw 15 shooting stars and 7 satalites.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants