Groups

Personal Anti virus...anyone know the best way to remove it...

...my mate says his computer had been infected. Anyone know how to remove it?

Rep to anyone with the right solution!

Thanks

Foxy

12 Comments

Just download antivirus software. It will do a full scan of the PC and then quarantine or delete and viruses.

Avast Home edition is available for free ]http//ww…tml

I had to start task manager (ctrl -alt - del) find the process that was running (pav.exe) end the process and then go into file manager-into prog files and delete them manually. Its a nasty little programme that other anti-virus progs dont pick up.

Easiest and quickest way is to back up your data files and reinstall. Many of the most tenacious viruses run a number of tasks so that they can spot attempts to kill them off and respawn replicas. Disinfecting a machine requires a certain amount of skill and experience, if you have to ask the question you don't have that, find someone who does.

valueseeker;5859454

Easiest and quickest way is to back up your data files and reinstall. … Easiest and quickest way is to back up your data files and reinstall. Many of the most tenacious viruses run a number of tasks so that they can spot attempts to kill them off and respawn replicas. .

As above. :thumbsup:

It can be quite tricky to remove viruses because they can prevent the PC from loading up certain features or grind the system to a halt.
    It'll be quicker and easier to backup important files and then do a clean reinstall that way you will know you'll be virus free.

need to confirm with the op. Personal Anti Virus is actually an anti-virus prog that is very difficult to remove - it keeps sending you to a page to buy the anti-virus. Most anti-virus progs do not detect it at all.
    If by Personal Anti Virus - you simply mean a virus - that is different altogether.

Original Poster

valueseeker;5859454

Easiest and quickest way is to back up your data files and reinstall. … Easiest and quickest way is to back up your data files and reinstall. Many of the most tenacious viruses run a number of tasks so that they can spot attempts to kill them off and respawn replicas. Disinfecting a machine requires a certain amount of skill and experience, if you have to ask the question you don't have that, find someone who does.

Probably the most sensible answer.

Original Poster

its only me;5859590

need to confirm with the op. Personal Anti Virus is actually an … need to confirm with the op. Personal Anti Virus is actually an anti-virus prog that is very difficult to remove - it keeps sending you to a page to buy the anti-virus. Most anti-virus progs do not detect it at all.If by Personal Anti Virus - you simply mean a virus - that is different altogether.

It's a virus that presents itself as software.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this, download malwarebytes anti-malware - it is targetted to get rid of this type of infection and usually cleans it out no problem.

John

tried malawarebytes, ad-aware 2009 & spybot - not the best - blasted thing kept popping back up

had to do a manual job on it - see my previous link for details

I got this virus at one point, it prevented me from installing malwarebytes etc etc, eventually the only thing that got rid of it was Avast! HTH
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047153
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866383
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201355
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828

See more discussions