Personal Domain Email Hosting

Posted 7th Jan
Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a domain for my family. How do I go about creating email addresses. All the websites (godaddy etc) seem to be set up for businesses.

I’m not very tech savvy so any help would be appreciated

BH:{
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I would recommend Microsoft Office 365 Home, it is probably one of the simplest, most feature rich and best value for money packages you can get...

Office 365 Home - 6 Users - £60 a year (offers for cheap 1 year extensions happen from time to time) + cost of the custom domain name @ ~ £10 ish a year
  • 6 users (no more allowed for a home account!)
  • each user gets Microsoft Office, both the web and install versions for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac OS for all of their devices
  • each user gets 50GB email inbox with contacts and calendar synchronisation
  • each user gets 1TB OneDrive cloud storage
  • complementary web chat/phone techsupport from Microsoft

For more info read the FAQ
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 8th Jan
improvmx.com/ let you create 10 forward emails for free
Edited by: "Palwan" 8th Jan
To literally answer OP question: purchase domain and point it to a web/email hosting service, then use the control panel at the hosting account to create as many mailboxes as allowed each having as much quota as allowed. If OP likes the concept of unlimited mailboxes and unlimited quota for each mailbox, search ebay for the £1/yr unlim hosting providers, or go radical and spend £3 for 3 yrs unlim web&email hosting, random example within description of ebay.co.uk/itm…880
Will cost far more to cover the domain registration for the three years, although providers like Ionos will heavily discount 1st year reg from say £10 to £1 as indicated at ionos.co.uk/dom…mes
Thank you all, these are further options to explore
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants