Found 6th Jan 2011
Yesterday I got a firm job offer (yay!) for a company I had been interviewing with in Manchester. I start on either the 17th or 24th - their only proviso is that they want me "settled" in local accommodation before then - I currently live in (and have been commuting from) Blackpool.

To finance such a move (which I am eager to do - some prospective flats earmarked already!) I would need about £1000 for rent/deposit costs, which I don't currently have. What is the best avenue to take with regards to getting this amount on a short-term (I am thinking 2-3 months) basis?

The only money I have borrowed to this point is student loans/overdrafts. The job is relatively well paid and I have a letters/contracts to prove everything is above board.

Thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Congratulations on your job offer.

Have you any family that could lend you the money ?
As you say it is only short term

^^^ Thats what i thought too.

For very short term put on a credit card i no its not cheap but no credit fees or checks just interest.
for 2/3 months will be as cheap as loan or overdraft

Original Poster

Going to see my bank this afternoon. Best to just lay all my cards on the table and ask for the money?

Family isn't really an option.

Original Poster

How would I go about that BW?

can you not get an overdraft?

whatsThePoint

show them the letters and ask for an overdraft

Mclovin

CReilly

The only money I have borrowed to this point is student loans/overdrafts

Banned

Can't you house share for a while?

If you were unemployed approach job centre, they have facilities in place to help.

bigwheels

For very short term put on a credit card i no its not cheap but no credit … For very short term put on a credit card i no its not cheap but no credit fees or checks just interest.for 2/3 months will be as cheap as loan or overdraft

^^^^^This^^^^

Do what it says here

to use your cards to get a cheap loan

whatsThePoint

show them the letters and ask for an overdraft

Mclovin

CReilly

The only money I have borrowed to this point is student loans/overdrafts

extend the overdraft?
Post a comment
@