Perspex shed window.

Posted 21st May
Hi Guys

Sorry if this is abit random.

I need to get a new shed window as one of the windows have cracked.

It’s made from perspex and measures 18 inches x 24 inches.

Where is the best place to go as I genuinely have no idea?? Do large scale places such as B and Q cut Perspex or would I be better finding a local shed company or Perspex cutting company?

I probably will buy 2 and have 1 for spare incase any get damaged in the future.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
wickes, B&Q etc. You score it using a stanley knife or use a fine tooth hack saw.
Perspex will be another thing in high demand right now, Probably a long wait for delivery.
Chris999999999999921/05/2020 20:27

Perspex will be another thing in high demand right now, Probably a long …Perspex will be another thing in high demand right now, Probably a long wait for delivery.

Yep ordered Perspex sheet 1st May and just arrived today 21st May. From sheetplastics.co.uk
Edited by: "c4rlak" 21st May
I used livsupplies.co.uk/ I ordered before lockdown but it still took over 2 weeks to arrive. Was the best price, they're all much the same price tbh, you'll find one £5 cheaper but they'll charge £5 more for delivery. I bought 3x pieces about the same as what you're after in 3mm acrylic for £35 of which £10 was delivery.

I've heard there is a perspex shortage too, not sure if you'll be affected.

You can buy a while sheet but it's a bit of a faff cutting it down. I replaced my shed windows with perspex and my 2 year old likes to play near the shed, worth doing.
Glazing merchants will do it. Also, if in a bind, picture framers will also do styrene. Cutting it is a doddle if you did have to do it yourself. Straight edge, stanley knife and patience. Don't try cutting it in one go. You just score, score, score until you hear the "snap" and it's done. Obviously be very careful though as those knives are not forgiving!

Of course, I realise that glaziers and picture framers aren't high on the list of places likely to be in operation currently but thought I'd mention them as another option.
Managed to sort it guys thanks.
Local fence and shed company had plenty of Perspex in and cut me 2 lengths - only charged £20 aswell which was quite cheaper than a few I had found online.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions