Pestminster

Found 31st Oct 2017
So this is how it works ,it's all about brownie points.The last line in this is the killer.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

The BBC reporting on sexual abuse? Pot calling the kettle springs to mind.

Graham19794 m ago

The BBC reporting on sexual abuse? Pot calling the kettle springs to mind.

You do know the BBC has alot of employees and alot of different departments right?

Watch Comrade Corbyn trying to squirm his way out of this one.

Original Poster

I find it strange that Mrs May gets weekly sleaze updates about all of them and did absolutely sweet FA until it becomes public then she bumps it on to Bercow, when Cameron should have dealt with it
standard.co.uk/new…tml
Might be a few claims for compen. as they refused to protect staff

airfix17 m ago

Watch Comrade Corbyn trying to squirm his way out of this one.

"First leaked to the Guido Fawkes website with 36 names on it, the file has now expanded to 40, all Tory MPs, including 15 ministers of various ranks"

Not surprised by any of this, not in the slightest.

The Weinstein thing didn't make any real sense; powerful person abuses power - who would have thought it?
No, we all know power corrupts - even the chargehand can lose the plot - so what's really going on?

We already know it's happening in every walk of life all over the world - and we all know it's happened from day one.

So, they're now finding it in political circles - shock, horror - did anybody really think this was only a Hollywood thing - seriously?

This has been happening eons before anybody thought about reporting it; the real question here might well be WHY are they reporting it?

Original Poster

tryn2help12 m ago

This has been happening eons before anybody thought about reporting it; …This has been happening eons before anybody thought about reporting it; the real question here might well be WHY are they reporting it?

Oct 12, 2017

Believing women sounds simple enough; it shouldn’t be a radical idea. But in a country—in a world, really—where women are routinely dismissed when they speak up, something as basic as trusting us can be revolutionary.

If women knew they'd be trusted when they spoke out, more women would feel safe doing so—and abusers wouldn't feel quite so protected.
Imagine if our culture believed women who came forward about sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. If it did, perhaps the victims of Harvey Weinstein's alleged predatory behavior wouldn't have feared coming forward on their own. Actress Katherine Kendall explained to The New York Times that she didn't tell anyone about the harassment she suffered at the hands of Weinstein because, "I'll never work again and no one is going to care or believe me." If women knew they'd be as trusted when they spoke out as, say, a man is, it would not only mean that more women would feel safe doing so—but that abusers wouldn't feel quite so protected.

Imagine if women like Brock Turner's victim—who spoke so eloquently at her attacker’s sentencing—were listened to, not just by the public who read her viral statement, but by cops and judges and legislators. “I am not just a drunk victim at a frat party found behind a dumpster,” she said. Not that she wasn't treated like one.

Uilleam171 h, 25 m ago

By Jessica Valenti Oct 12, …By Jessica Valenti Oct 12, 2017 Believing women sounds simple enough; it shouldn’t be a radical idea. But in a country—in a world, really—where women are routinely dismissed when they speak up, something as basic as trusting us can be revolutionary. If women knew they'd be trusted when they spoke out, more women would feel safe doing so—and abusers wouldn't feel quite so protected. Imagine if our culture believed women who came forward about sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. If it did, perhaps the victims of Harvey Weinstein's alleged predatory behavior wouldn't have feared coming forward on their own. Actress Katherine Kendall explained to The New York Times that she didn't tell anyone about the harassment she suffered at the hands of Weinstein because, "I'll never work again and no one is going to care or believe me." If women knew they'd be as trusted when they spoke out as, say, a man is, it would not only mean that more women would feel safe doing so—but that abusers wouldn't feel quite so protected.Imagine if women like Brock Turner's victim—who spoke so eloquently at her attacker’s sentencing—were listened to, not just by the public who read her viral statement, but by cops and judges and legislators. “I am not just a drunk victim at a frat party found behind a dumpster,” she said. Not that she wasn't treated like one.

Very true, but still leaves plenty of questions unanswered.

Chances of proving the allegations in a court of law are almost impossible, thus, why throw it all around like this?
Isn't there a real danger it'll all end up with the accused suing for damages?

At this time, in the absence of solid concrete evidence, it's difficult to see what's going on.

Lawyers and detectives do share a saying; Follow the money.
Who stands to gain the most from the downfall of the accused? - find them, and you may find the truth of what's going on.

Personally, I don't know any more than anyone else in hukd, but I'm thinking this is unusual.

Is it all over the news because it's the biggest story/only story/most popular story etc?

Is there really not other stories deserving of the publics interest? Are we still in the position of the media dictating what and what not the public are interested in?

Original Poster

The media hide all sorts of stories from us

While all eyes are on Westminster ‘sex pests’, the Conservatives have backtracked on a major Universal Credit promise. Originally, the Conservatives drummed up support for Universal Credit by claiming the new system would lift 350,000 children out of poverty. But now, the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has quietly dropped that forecast.

In fact, the Conservatives’ flagship welfare reform looks set to do the opposite. Universal Credit will push 200,000 more children below the official poverty line, according to the Child Poverty Action Group and Institute for Public Policy Research.

Original Poster

And this
The government has refused to publish a series of Brexit impact assessments, which detail how withdrawing from the EU will affect the British economy, jobs, trade and living standards. The public are very much being left in the dark about how Brexit will change the country. But now we have been given a reason for this secrecy. After Labour’s Seema Malhotra asked for information about the reports, the Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) said releasing them would breach its “safe space”.

This is from Wiki-
In September 2016, Prime Minister Theresa May hit out at universities for implementing "safe space" policies amid concerns that self-censorship is curtailing freedom of speech on campuses. The Prime Minister said it was "quite extraordinary" for universities to ban the discussion of certain topics which could cause offence. She warned that stifling free speech could have a negative impact on Britain's economic and social success.

Wongy1106 h, 2 m ago

"First leaked to the Guido Fawkes website with 36 names on it, the file …"First leaked to the Guido Fawkes website with 36 names on it, the file has now expanded to 40, all Tory MPs, including 15 ministers of various ranks"

Wait and see

Uilleam1711 h, 27 m ago

If women knew they'd be trusted when they spoke out, more women would …If women knew they'd be trusted when they spoke out, more women would feel safe doing so—and abusers wouldn't feel quite so protected. Imagine if our culture believed women who came forward about sexual harassment, abuse, and assault.

The things is they are trusted, just look at what has happened, Weinstein has been fired and ostracized from the industry, Keven Spacey will no longer be receiving an emmy next month. I personally know people who have been fired based solely on the word of a woman. None of these cases have been to trial yet.
Everyone who is accused of sexual harrassment has been labelled quilty before they have actually been charged with anything. So to say the victims are not believed is just rubbish.

I should point out I am in no way suggesting the victims are lying or the alleged abusers are innocent, merely stating that any person who claims abuse is taken very, very seriously.

At the heart of all this, had the initial victims come forward earlier on with allegations it probably would have stopped serial repeat offenders doing the same to other men/women. Career first it seems but better late than never I suppose…..

What gets me about the Tory MP list and what we’ve found out so far regarding the story behind it – they’ve known about their people doing things they shouldn’t and acting inappropriately for a considerable lenght of time but, rather than quietly making them put a stop to it party officials have keep schtum and collected the information to use against their MP’s at a later date, i.e. leverage when it comes to votes. Quite unbelievable actually considering it involves cabinet ministers.
Edited by: "freakstyler" 1st Nov 2017

Original Poster

Wongy1104 m ago

And the first of the sleazeballs has quit

Good riddance

I suspect he wont be the last.

Original Poster

freakstyler15 m ago

I suspect he wont be the last.

Hopefully not

Wongy1102 h, 2 m ago

And the first of the sleazeballs has …And the first of the sleazeballs has quithttps://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/01/michael-fallon-quits-as-defence-secretary

This is now officially ridiculous.

Original Poster

Wongy1104 m ago

More …More slime.https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/03/tory-mp-charlie-elphicke-has-whip-suspended-after-serious-allegations

OMG, I just read that headline as whip and suspenders That is probably what I expected to read.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants