Groups
    EXPIRED

Pet (cat) Insurance on a montly contract?

I'm wanting some cheap pet insurance for our cat but I don't want to be tied into a 12 month deal, are there any you can do on a monthly basis? Or any where the contract is easy to break if you so wish?

8 Comments

pet insurance isnt a "contract"-you pay it monthly by direct debit and when you dont want it any more,you cancel-simple as!

just because they give you a quote for a year,then split it into monthly payments doesnt mean you have signed a years contract.

Original Poster

barky;6362637

pet insurance isnt a "contract"-you pay it monthly by direct debit and … pet insurance isnt a "contract"-you pay it monthly by direct debit and when you dont want it any more,you cancel-simple as!just because they give you a quote for a year,then split it into monthly payments doesnt mean you have signed a years contract.

Ohhhh...that's very re-assuring, thank you. I just assumed they were contracts because I'd read things like 'first 3 months free' (Sainsbury's). In that case I'll just get the cheapest.

nadss;6362760

I found these the cheapest when insuring my … I found these the cheapest when insuring my cathttps://www.argos-pet-insurance.co.uk/app/(S(40rblrn0ici3py55dj2rkjex))/landing.asp

Thanks for that, I will take a look straight away.

Banned

sainsburys are doing 12 months for the price of 9 atm :thumbsup:

I went through Quidco with Sainsburys and got £40 cash back too and the cheapest monthly payment too.

Original Poster

sculpturatus;6363546

sainsburys are doing 12 months for the price of 9 atm :thumbsup:

saracat;6366042

I went through Quidco with Sainsburys and got £40 cash back too and the … I went through Quidco with Sainsburys and got £40 cash back too and the cheapest monthly payment too.

Thanks both. Rep all round.

I heard the 3 months free in store yesterday, although cheapest quote seems to come out at around £8 a month...I've managed to get £3.80 for others. I did forget Quidco mind you...although it seems a lot of insurance companies offer this.

Does anyone know how excess fees work? From what I've read you have to pay whatever that is every time you make a claim. I think I'd happily pay more per month for a good deal on the excess charge...does anyone know of these?

dean_brfc;6373528

Does anyone know how excess fees work? From what I've read you have to … Does anyone know how excess fees work? From what I've read you have to pay whatever that is every time you make a claim. I think I'd happily pay more per month for a good deal on the excess charge...does anyone know of these?

Basically if its under the fee then you pay it, if its over then you pay up to the fee and the company pays anything over it.

Original Poster

tazxxx;6373764

Basically if its under the fee then you pay it, if its over then you pay … Basically if its under the fee then you pay it, if its over then you pay up to the fee and the company pays anything over it.

Ah, okay thanks for that.

So the % ones are good if your pet ends up having lots of 'small' things done, but risky in case anything serious happens?

Don't think I'm in a position to be risky so I'll just go for a fixed fee I think. Cheers for the info.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.513
      2. One for the mathmeticians2539
      3. Cat Chat77744
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177

See more discussions