Pet hair and washing machine

Posted 11th Feb
Hey guys, the GF has asked me what she could do about pet hairs in the washing machine. (on clothes prior and after wash)
We do not own a tumble dryer, which a bunch of guides suggest as the best option.

Is there anything people have personally used and know it to work?

Would appriecate any suggestions, or ideas.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
I just wipe round the machine with some damp kitchen roll after washing anything that had a lot of cat hair (such as blankets).
For clothes with a lot of cat hair on them I use a sticky lint roller before washing.
Like said about clean the hairs off the clothes with a decent lint roller before you wash them. I have 2 dogs who molt a lot and works great for me
Make sure you clean the rim of the machine after washes as it can build up there, but my best advice is to brush your pet/s regularly and avoid the hair in the first place
Thanks for the advice, will see if it helps!
You may also need to clean the filter on the washing machine if a lot of hair has already gone through it. Just make sure you have a towel handy to deal with all the water that comes out.
I find cleaning the inside rim and doing an extra rinse on the load helps...
I don’t have a pet but Mrs Hinch uses a pet hair dissolver in her wash
I use a pet hair dissolver for the washing machine from B, M. Or sofa crystals in the drum on hot wash. About two cups full
dorey6911/02/2020 19:51

I use a pet hair dissolver for the washing machine from B, M. Or sofa …I use a pet hair dissolver for the washing machine from B, M. Or sofa crystals in the drum on hot wash. About two cups full

They do a good job?

Never used them myself and her pet is a white dog so the fur gets everywhere!
My wife uses, (and swears by) these:
amazon.co.uk/dp/…rIn

Hope they may help
burgyuk11/02/2020 20:09

My wife uses, (and swears by) …My wife uses, (and swears by) these:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OQ32CX0/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_apap_nxbq5LKJgbrInHope they may help

How does that work?

Clothes inside the bag, does it remove the fur from the clothes?

Our issue is that the hair comes off the dog before a wash and then their still on the clothes or more seems to stick after a wash.
Edited by: "kos1c" 11th Feb
We have a white pet that moults terribly, and were in a similair position.
Wife uses the bags, shakes out sheets/bedding - whatever excess (outdoors)
Then removes the main bulk of the hair that gets trapped inside the bag, straight into the bin.

We no longer have a washing machine drum full of pet hair after a pet cycle, and no extra chemicals or anything are required.
As for pet hair stuck to your clothes, all i can think to say is, hover (much more frequentlyz my wife always seems to be hoovering), and try a lint roller.

Best of luck!
burgyuk11/02/2020 20:24

As for pet hair stuck to your clothes, all i can think to say is, hover …As for pet hair stuck to your clothes, all i can think to say is, hover (much more frequentlyz my wife always seems to be hoovering), and try a lint roller.Best of luck!

That's what we currently do. O have a tumble dryer at mine does the job. But none at hers sadly.
Treat her to a tumble dryer then lol
burgyuk11/02/2020 20:58

Treat her to a tumble dryer then lol

He is a keeper no matter what;) he treats me by finding solutions to my pet hair problems already. Can’t ask him for the tumble drier too :/
AliciaGarciaLlanas11/02/2020 22:12

He is a keeper no matter what;) he treats me by finding solutions to my …He is a keeper no matter what;) he treats me by finding solutions to my pet hair problems already. Can’t ask him for the tumble drier too :/

*Hides ordered tumble dryer confirmation email...*
AliciaGarciaLlanas11/02/2020 22:12

He is a keeper no matter what;) he treats me by finding solutions to my …He is a keeper no matter what;) he treats me by finding solutions to my pet hair problems already. Can’t ask him for the tumble drier too :/

Yeah, of course you can
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants