Pet insurance

Posted 16th May
With everybody trying to save the pennies during this crazy time I’m shocked that my pet insurance renewal is £100 up from last year.
Tried to haggle to be told go online and re join which is approx £30 cheaper.
I have a cockapoo age 6 on a life time plan with 10k vet cover and £120 excess. Am I being to tight in the wallet to accept to £217 a year?
Tried to do a quick comparison and shocked that some quotes are well over £300
Seems like a massive increase in the insurance department?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Animal friends bit cheap for my 11 year old cockapoo.
Be cautious with joining online again as you may lose continuity of custom and so be on different terms (i.e. any of the illnesses that are covered because they developed over the time of your policy could now become 'new' conditions and so excluded).
deleted1793489
I wouldn't have the money to outlay a possible 10k on our pooch and whilst it is a pain to pay out alot every month we have a life plan too for that reason. Many would argue not to take insurance and just put aside money but at 6 years old I wouldn't start to change terms if insurance. Like mentioned by Mark I would be very wary changing. I'd try to find a saving elsewhere in life to try to offset it if possible.
eelvis16/05/2020 13:46

Animal friends bit cheap for my 11 year old cockapoo.

£350 and only 6k per condition so worse off for me
markmc99916/05/2020 13:55

Be cautious with joining online again as you may lose continuity of custom …Be cautious with joining online again as you may lose continuity of custom and so be on different terms (i.e. any of the illnesses that are covered because they developed over the time of your policy could now become 'new' conditions and so excluded).

He’s never had any illnesses or seen a vet unles it’s his yearly jabs
deleted179348916/05/2020 14:29

I wouldn't have the money to outlay a possible 10k on our pooch and whilst …I wouldn't have the money to outlay a possible 10k on our pooch and whilst it is a pain to pay out alot every month we have a life plan too for that reason. Many would argue not to take insurance and just put aside money but at 6 years old I wouldn't start to change terms if insurance. Like mentioned by Mark I would be very wary changing. I'd try to find a saving elsewhere in life to try to offset it if possible.

Looks like I’m sticking with Tesco then
Quidco?
eelvis16/05/2020 14:36

Quidco?

Good shout. I’ll give them a gander tonight
Try Helpucover. I have 4 cats with them. This year they tried hiking the annual fee, but with a bit of time on the phone with their "retention dept" actually got the total to less than last year! Try online, get a quote, then ring them for a bit more off.
OldMarchHare17/05/2020 00:53

Try Helpucover. I have 4 cats with them. This year they tried hiking the …Try Helpucover. I have 4 cats with them. This year they tried hiking the annual fee, but with a bit of time on the phone with their "retention dept" actually got the total to less than last year! Try online, get a quote, then ring them for a bit more off.

They don’t have the same level of cover but thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions