Found 16th Jun 2009
how much a month does everyone pay for pet insurance for there cats??? i have an indoor cat who is 3 but trying to decide if i should get insurance for her or just open an savings account and put a bit away each month so if anything was to happen (touch wood it dosnt and she lives till i die) then i have a nest egg to pay for vets. xx

16 Comments

I've looked into this a bit and argos do one for around a fiver a month that seems quite reasonable- you can get an online quote so maybe try there? xx

It's hard to say really isn't, you could have a cat that never has any problems ever in which case the bank account would be great, but then you could have a cat that gets hit by anything moving, catches every disease going, then of course, the insurance will be your saviour.

I pay £5.66 (I think it is) a month for the top pet insurance polocy - covers my cat if the illness lasts over a year; cattery fees, etc, etc.... that's from ASDA and I got £20 Quidco cashback, too....

Worth it for me, as if anything happened to either of my cats, vets bills are generally astronomical. I can afford a fiver a month, but trying to find £1000 if something happens would be a nightmare...

A friends cat had to have chemo a couple of years ago, their total bill was over £5000, they were insured at the time.

My three British Shorthair cats (all indoor cats) are insured with PetPlan, it costs roughly ££8 per cat each month. I am probably going to go elsewhere once the policies end though as PetPlan is a bit expensive.

Original Poster

with indoor cats is it worth getting the insurance?? and what is the amount u have to pay first each time the excess??

bellows;5509090

with indoor cats is it worth getting the insurance?? and what is the … with indoor cats is it worth getting the insurance?? and what is the amount u have to pay first each time the excess??

Indoor cats can still get ill, so yea, worth getting the insurance...

My excess is £50

Original Poster

hodsey77;5509669

Indoor cats can still get ill, so yea, worth getting the insurance...My … Indoor cats can still get ill, so yea, worth getting the insurance...My excess is £50

cool cheers dosnt sound too bad ill have a look at that :thumbsup:

Rat poison is cheaper :whistling:

Banned

DragonChris;5512912

Rat poison is cheaper :whistling:

very funny! NOT! :whistling:

some sick people out there :roll:

csiman;5512969

very funny! NOT! :whistling:some sick people out there :roll:

I wouldn't pay thousands for a cat *shrugs*. But I'm not that cruel either.

my petplan costs £15 a cat - I must be doing something wrong - they are only 5

kimbyanne;5508825

My three British Shorthair cats (all indoor cats) are insured with … My three British Shorthair cats (all indoor cats) are insured with PetPlan, it costs roughly ££8 per cat each month. I am probably going to go elsewhere once the policies end though as PetPlan is a bit expensive.

i always found petplan pricey too..

fairy;5529626

my petplan costs £15 a cat - I must be doing something wrong - they are … my petplan costs £15 a cat - I must be doing something wrong - they are only 5

woah! £15 for a 5yr old is mad!

I also have a british lue shorthair who is now knocking on a fair bit, originally insured by 'whiskers' we then moved to direct line. they pais up with NO HASSLE on every claim and are so very very helpful. was being charge £17 until abt 2months ago when we joined my sisters persion onto the policy and its now £20 for the pair per month! we reg'd both at one address, and at the time DLine had a 12month for price of ten offer going.. id deffo recommend them. a lot of cheaper insurances dont pay up too easily. excess id £50..used to be 27 when we first started out!

bellows;5509090

with indoor cats is it worth getting the insurance?? and what is the … with indoor cats is it worth getting the insurance?? and what is the amount u have to pay first each time the excess??

My indor cat had an accident with a door...chopped off her own tail and had to have it amputated a couple of inches above that. I am insured through tesco and its roughly £6 per mth.

forgot to say, always read reviews before signing up.

mine is an indoor cat too- a bit of a cursed critter cos we have a 'major' incident nearly every year where the vets bill exceeds £500!..

ofcourse, it's claimed and they have always paid up no probs

i'd definately recommend the insurance, not the putting dosh into savings account thing.

just got mine on argos today was £4.34 a month dont forget quidco 20 quid back taking it down to around 32 for the year
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61630
    2. Chat magazine issue 4312
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions