Groups

** Pet Owners ** RECALL on Armitage Pet Care Flea and Tick Drops for Dogs and Armitage Flea Drops for Cats

Editor
    A recall has been issued for the following produts:

• Armitage Pet Care Flea and Tick Drops for Dogs 702 mg spot-on solution (Vm 20205/4003)
    • Armitage Flea Drops for Cats and Kittens

An unknown quantity of the Armitage Pet Care Flea and Tick Drops for Dogs containing permethrin has been distributed in packaging labelled Armitage Flea Drops for Cats and Kittens.

Exposure to even small quantities of concentrated permethrin can cause severe and fatal poisoning in cats.

If you have one of the products, do not use it on your cat.

Return the product to the place of purchase or contact the company:

John Tharratt, Bio-Tech solutions Tel 08704 450154 or email [email protected]

Information Source

5 Comments

What brainy person put permethrin in the solution? Permethrin is toxic to cats.
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…rin

Humans shouldn't be handling the stuff either.
    npic.orst.edu/fac…tml
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 16th Nov 2016

Maybe it's good at killing fleas?

from my experience with this stuff is it does not work - so they have improved it to kill the fleas food hence killing the flea!

joking aside - you would think this was better advertised (cannot think of a better word for informing the public than advertised! )

gov.uk/gov…ert

If you have Facebook or Twitter, share and spread the word.

While I'm pleased about this being recalled, I'm confused about why it's happening? Many flea treatments contain permethrin, have done for donkeys years.

I agree it's awful, but what's changed?
    Edited by: "MSK." 17th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2648
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846284
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1010

See more discussions