Pet Supermarket (MEDICANIMAL) Gone Out of Business

Found 5th Aug 2015
This company appears to have gone out of business their website has been down for over a week and they are not responding to e-mails.

The phone number they have quoted on previous promotional e-mail's belongs to MEDICANIMAL a company who are still currently trading. pet-supermarket.co.uk/
Community Updates
31 Comments
Seem fine for me on Friday as I placed my order on Wednesday 29th & delivered on the Thursday.
I placed an order with them on the 28th & it still hasn't arrived.
Post on moneysaving expert:

PET SUPERMARKET.co.uk & MEDICANIMAL
Placed order on the 30/7/2015 at just after 4;15pm for pet food on each company.
The next day both the web sites were closed due to maintenance.
Have spent over 2 hours looking on official and non official web sites and have only found one article by a lady called Karen Pickwick from Pet Business World, about the above companies and also a company called PET MEDS - all three are stated to be "in a process of going into administration" by an employee on facebook (taken direct quote from the web page)
Be aware - as the payments were taken upto recently, an order form will be sent via email but will not have company contact details listed (as per my received email from pet supermarket).
WARNING - PAYMENT's MAY STILL BE TAKEN
hope this helps for now - any news and I will update
Ugh, I bought something for £22 on 29th July and still nothing. Paid via Visa credit card but not sure if I would be covered as it is under £100.
deleted568030
I ordered on the 26th July, didn't get immediate confirmation but an email 24 hours later citing a computer update for the delay. My order was delivered, as promised, on the 31st. I hope it's just a glitch for you guys still waiting - this has been a great site for pet supplies.
Can we find out who the administrators are so we can recover costs once their assets have be sold?
There is yet to be any announcement - one week on! It's really surprising that it should go on this long with no notification of what's going on
New article in the French press (Medicanimal had sites all over Europe) and those customers apparently have no credit protection in this case :-( estrepublicain.fr/edi…gne
I placed an order on 29th - not received it yet!
Put an order in on 31st July and took my payment. Nothing has arrived.
Does this mean I lose it because they have went into administation?
Can't get through on the phone and no reply to my emails. Had to go to Pets at home and paid £20 more for my Royal Canin
aberdeenv7

Put an order in on 31st July and took my payment. Nothing has … Put an order in on 31st July and took my payment. Nothing has arrived.Does this mean I lose it because they have went into administation?Can't get through on the phone and no reply to my emails. Had to go to Pets at home and paid £20 more for my Royal Canin

There's still no notification of administration. Best advice is to contact your bank to ask them for a chargeback. Paypal are already refunding customers. Hope you get your money back :-(
Hi, placed order on 29th for Royal Canin and no delivery!! Have applied to PayPal for refund. Try Bitiba, I've ordered my Royal Canin from there and they're cheaper than Pet Supermarket.
I found this useful guide to chargeback for those trying to get their money back from their banks.
which.co.uk/con…ack
Thanks for above!! **** off. I will start the process to reclaim £101 - any other reputable sellers of Hills Science dog food?
I ordered on the 27th July from Petmeds, took my money the day after and nothing recieved. Just rang my bank to ask them about a chargeback and the lady i spoke to was really helpful and has filed my dispute and put in a claim for me, so fingers crossed i'll get my money back.
I too placed an order on the 28th July which I haven't received. No response to my emails and website down for 'maintenance'.
Call your bank / credit card issuer and request chargeback and let them know the above that they're going into administration and no item has been received.
Just received this e-mail from Pet Supermarket:

Please accept our sincere apologies that we have not been able to communicate with you sooner. Our Company has undergone a change in ownership, during which time we were unfortunately asked to cease trading temporarily and were legally bound not to communicate with anyone. It has been hugely frustrating for us to not be allowed to communicate with our customers during this time and it has also been disappointing to see some opportunistic competitors exploit the situation for their own benefit and some media speculate on the events.

We sincerely apologise that during this time there has been a delay with processing your order, especially because we know the products we sell are so necessary and important to your pets. We were unable to take delivery of product while undergoing this process which in turn made it impossible to fulfil your order in a timely manner.

We apologise that during this time there has been a delay with processing your order. We would like to advise you that your order will be shipped or part-shipped by Monday, with any outstanding items being cancelled and refunded within the next 7 days.

As an apology for the inconvenience we have caused you we are also offering you a 20% discount on your next order by using the code, SORRY20.

Our website will be back online shortly but we first wanted to address you directly as soon as we were able to finally communicate on the situation.
MSE1001

Just received this e-mail from Pet Supermarket:Please accept our sincere … Just received this e-mail from Pet Supermarket:Please accept our sincere apologies that we have not been able to communicate with you sooner. Our Company has undergone a change in ownership, during which time we were unfortunately asked to cease trading temporarily and were legally bound not to communicate with anyone. It has been hugely frustrating for us to not be allowed to communicate with our customers during this time and it has also been disappointing to see some opportunistic competitors exploit the situation for their own benefit and some media speculate on the events.We sincerely apologise that during this time there has been a delay with processing your order, especially because we know the products we sell are so necessary and important to your pets. We were unable to take delivery of product while undergoing this process which in turn made it impossible to fulfil your order in a timely manner. We apologise that during this time there has been a delay with processing your order. We would like to advise you that your order will be shipped or part-shipped by Monday, with any outstanding items being cancelled and refunded within the next 7 days. As an apology for the inconvenience we have caused you we are also offering you a 20% discount on your next order by using the code, SORRY20.Our website will be back online shortly but we first wanted to address you directly as soon as we were able to finally communicate on the situation.

Yup got the same message.
The pet-supermarket website shut down over a week ago and not been answering the phone - Articles say it has gone into administration - yet suddenly this weekend site is up and running to take orders and money. Has it done it because people do not expect to have contact at weekend - just to rob more money off the public. I ordered a £42.00 bag of dog food on the 30th July - unlikely to receive it or a refund - I am a single pensioner on a tight budget but I buy the best I can afford for my dogs - this fraud has left me really struggling financially.
Pet Supermarket web chat should be available 11-5 today but is down - surprise surprise.
PET SUPERMARKET LIMITED
Not Verified Verified
Basic Info Mini Icon Dissolved - 05222699
Pet Supermarket Limited has nothing to do with the aforementioned Pet Supermarket.
Received half of my order today. I ordered 2 pet carriers and received one. I had a feeling they would do that after the email they sent. Half is better than nothing I suppose. Let's see if they send the other one.

I may also take them up on the 20% offer and buy some more but this time use PayPal, 100% secure if it goes pear shaped, if they arrive then I have got a bargain.
I was issued a refund today when I requested to cancel my order. Their online chat is working at Medicanimal but there is nothing on their website covering any issues.
I placed an order 25/07/15. Only just received it today 14/08/15. I had tried getting in touch with them over the wks. I won't be using them again.
I will be contacting them now regarding the rest of my order, they shipped one item (although I ordered 2 of the same item) and kept the money for the second item. I want the item or my money back.
Oops, my bad, just checked my credit card account and they refunded for the other half on the 14th so at least they are back up and running in terms of customer service.
Can anyone help me im trying to find out if Medicanimal have ceased trading in put an order in over a week ago and nothing no email which I normally receive please help. Many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants