Petition for colour-blind option in COD: MW2

99 replies
Found 22nd Nov 2009
Hello all,

If you have time, I would appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to sign my petition to get a colour-blind option adding to the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 game.

Currently, people that are red / green colour blind are unable to play the majority of the online mode as the colours that differentiate between people on your team and the opposing team are in red and green - both looking the same to a person that is red / green colour-blind. This matters most in the colours of the names above characters, but also on the map.

I have been asking Infinity Ward, via Twitter, if they could release a patch to allow us to choose alternate colours, but have not had a response as yet.

I'd appreciate it if people could sign the petition so that everyone can participate on an equal level, in the hope that they listen and release a patch:

petitiononline.com/hod…77/

If you have twitter, please also help by re-tweeting the following message:

RT @hodsey77 Petition for a #ColourBlind option in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. petol.org/hod…y77 Please RT & sign! #MW2

Thanks, and I'm sorry for creating yet another COD:MW2 thread

Update:

Just created a facebook group - please help the campaign by joining:

facebook.com/gro…182

Thanks again folks

99 Comments

Signed for ya.

If they could manage to do it on WaW then surely its not a problem to do it on MW2

Signed.

Signed :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Starr;6966651

If they could manage to do it on WaW then surely its not a problem to do … If they could manage to do it on WaW then surely its not a problem to do it on MW2Signed.

Exactly - I don't know why it wasn't there as standard.... but maybe it's 'cos the developers are different? I don't think the option existed in the first Modern Warfare either :?

Original Poster

Jetpac;6966640

Signed for ya.

Starr;6966651

Signed.

lilsmithy;6966661

Thanks all for signing so far - please keep the message out there, and encourage others to sign - hopefully if I get enough signatures they'll start to listen

There is an article about it on numbthumb.co.uk/ too - Kitty Needs Colour :thumbsup:

signed

Signed.

Signed....upto 28 signatures

signed my me and o/h
he's put it on his facebook too as he suffers with color blindness too

Original Poster

linw;6966752

signed my me and o/h he's put it on his facebook too as he suffers with … signed my me and o/h he's put it on his facebook too as he suffers with color blindness too

Ah, that's excellent, thanks! You know... I've forgot to put it on my own facebook, lol! Will do that now :thumbsup:

Added another 3 as one of my kids is colour blind.

SuperEd

signed- upto 34 now -psn id-spudbelly

Have signed, My boy is colorblind, although too young to be playing Cod 6

Signed.

signed

Seen you online Hodsey77 , have yet to be in a game with you tho

[COLOR="Red"]signed [/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]for you[/COLOR] :thumbsup:

Signed! really hope it makes a difference!

There is a simple solution to this...Don't play Call of Doody
The Battlefield: Bad Company series is much much better and is fine for colourblind people (Red for enemies, Blue for Allies)

Done :thumbsup:

Signed. This was my excuse for being crap at Modern Warfare 1 as I kept trying to shoot my own guys. I much preferred Bad Company as it was much easier for me to distinguish between the enemy and your own team.

28. linw2007 correct the game to include colorblind people

I look forward to shooting anything Infinity Ward may add to the game but really, I think even I have to draw the line at the above.

signed, good luck,:thumbsup:

signed hubby colour blind

signed

emhaslam;6967615

[COLOR="Red"]signed [/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]for you[/COLOR] :thumbsup:

:evil:

will sign :thumbsup:

I still think its bad that not all games support south paw (for left handed people)

Original Poster

Thanks all for signing so far - have 49 signatures now :-D

They may not listen, but I'll keep going with this if I can - hopefully they'll start to get sick of me bombarding their twitter accounts and forums, hehe!

Please keep spreading the word - need to get as many sigs as possible

Thanks folks - knew I could rely on the HUKD community :-D

p.s. Just got the online Beta for the new Battlefield - didn't realise that was in colour-blind friendly colours, I'll have to give it a try

Signed, hope it helps

Bump !!!

mrtootough;6969655

Bump !!!

'Cough' :whistling:

Signed

Know how you feel as they seem to do this with other games also which can be frustrating especially bejewled type of games. I was turned down by my local police force also as they do not employ colour blind people :s

Original Poster

Over 80 signatures so far - great! :-D

On COD3 the friendlies are identified by chevrons above their heads which is much, much easier to see...but as DCX says they won't give a damm (unless this falls foul of Disability Discrimination in which case they would have to)

Signed.

Modern Combat had the best colour blind hud with Yellow for enemies and blue for friendlies. Without it the red markers for enemies just blur into the map and I have to tell people apart by the uniform.

http://behindblondiepark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/colour_test.jpg

I can see the 25 and part of the 56.

92 sigs

Original Poster

116 sigs now - thanks for all your support guys :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Ungreat;6973880

Signed.Modern Combat had the best colour blind hud with Yellow for … Signed.Modern Combat had the best colour blind hud with Yellow for enemies and blue for friendlies. Without it the red markers for enemies just blur into the map and I have to tell people apart by the uniform.I can see the 25 and part of the 56.

You are similar to my husband, but he can only see the 25... he can see the odd dot on the 56 but that's it.

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;6978770

Thanks birdyboy

Up to 134 sigs now, and exposure on ]GameCentral - I feel famous!! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc22
    2. CEX grading68
    3. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    4. Advice on selling an iPhone?67

See more discussions