EXPIRED

Petition for John Lewis to Honour Laptop 'Pricing Error'

Could be a waste of time, could well work!

Simply visit the petition I set up here: change.org/p/j…hed

And who knows, if John Lewis do honor the deal after a huge amount of support, you'll be as happy as a clam.

Or a happy person with a brand spanking new laptop aye?

Petition against the petition here: change.org/p/p…eek
- shauneco

105 Comments

Banned

tbh I think it would be better to start a petition to have john lewis tell the parasites to **** off

'Huge' amount of support? I could probably count on my hands the number in the other thread that would sign it.

Ha.
This is hilarious.

Is it April the 1st already?

whatsThePoint

tbh I think it would be better to start a petition to have john lewis … tbh I think it would be better to start a petition to have john lewis tell the parasites to **** off

Do one; I'll sign it.

teh arn

Do one; I'll sign it.

+3

Well Andy, I want my Laptop! That is just about it, I am pretty confident … Well Andy, I want my Laptop! That is just about it, I am pretty confident it is not going to put a dent in profits of the company, and especially due to the huge inconvience and consistent chasing I hae had to do, you should honour this deal, as not only have i received e-mail confirmations, but two, yes TWO different agents at DIFFERENT times of the day had confirmed I will be receiving the laptop, and that it will be avaialble from 2pm onwards Friday.

If I do not get a satisfactory response, I will be forced to take legal … If I do not get a satisfactory response, I will be forced to take legal action, as even in the terms and conditions, I can see only one section to where this situation would be applied, and it would be the following section:

You've inconvenienced yourself; they haven't done it to you.

What legal action exactly?

It must be dreadful not receiving a product which was clearly mispriced.

Bob Geldof needs to get involved.

Edit: Honour*

Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Jan 2015

Good grief!

teh arn

Do one; I'll sign it.

Yep, and me. I like John Lewis. A decent, respectable retailer. Would be a real shame to see them ripped off by people demanding a product which they know that they're not really entitled to, at least not for the pittance they paid.

Banned

shauneco

+3

so that's 4 genuine people ready to sign my petition already

edit, maybe 5 if mikeyblue really exists
Edited by: "whatsThePoint" 8th Jan 2015

whatsThePoint

so that's 4 genuine people ready to sign my petition already

Lets get the ball rolling

whatsThePoint

so that's 4 genuine people ready to sign my petition already :)edit, … so that's 4 genuine people ready to sign my petition already :)edit, maybe 5 if mikeyblue really exists

I do. I can see my hands and everything. But I have to ask... why would I not exist?
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 8th Jan 2015

miikeyblue

'Huge' amount of support? I could probably count on my hands the number … 'Huge' amount of support? I could probably count on my hands the number in the other thread that would sign it.

Sign this petitionwith 2 supporters

Banned

miikeyblue

I do. I can see my hands and everything.

ok 5 it is

whatsThePoint

ok 5 it is

Already on more than the other petition, and you've not even written it yet.

whatsThePoint

so that's 4 genuine people ready to sign my petition already :)edit, … so that's 4 genuine people ready to sign my petition already :)edit, maybe 5 if mikeyblue really exists

Yes but do these petition's actually achieve anything ?

thewongwing101

It's a valid question

Hang on, where did my thread go?
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 8th Jan 2015

Banned

thewongwing101

there's a first time for everything

Banned

Where can I sign up?

Original Poster

Huh? All I see is babbling baboons sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I just don't like the fact that they lied to me, mistakes happen, however covering themselves up with baby oil and false information doesn't cut it for me

Banned

whatsThePoint

I'll sign it, just start it

whatsThePoint

Edit your first post too "Like if you are against any petition against JL" Then forward a link to this thread to JL. Saves giving out our spam email addresses etc...

Duncancc

Huh? All I see is babbling baboons sometimes they work, sometimes they … Huh? All I see is babbling baboons sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I just don't like the fact that they lied to me, mistakes happen, however covering themselves up with baby oil and false information doesn't cut it for me

They covered themselves in baby oil?

Man, I wish I'd ordered now.

Original Poster

Villa, link to petition is in the description pal

That's probably the funniest petition I've ever read. oO

Duncancc

Huh? All I see is babbling baboons sometimes they work, sometimes they … Huh? All I see is babbling baboons sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I just don't like the fact that they lied to me, mistakes happen, however covering themselves up with baby oil and false information doesn't cut it for me

"Lied".....

Duncancc

[img]encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaCr9hJMW44PlW5SeyuKIow8oHe7vu3xe90sRzsZPHTG7I7I6q[/img]

Duncancc

Where did they lie to you?

These tracking number are generated whenever something gets ordered; the tracking numbers will have been real and the staff will have only seen them.

1st world problems...

Has to be said at least once.

Original Poster

'your laptop has already been dispatched, there has been a delay with the courier and will be at your local store from 2pm onwards friday'

To be honest its better just to forget about it and move on and look for the next deal as in all honesty did you expect to get a laptop for £40? I expect you didn't as with most misprices on this site we all take a punt and place an order on something that comes up and cheap but a laptop for £40 isn't going to happen as you can't buy a new laptop anywhere for that price

by threatening to take legal action against john lewis because you "want your laptop" wont get you anywhere im afraid. You could try small claims court but their isnt any point.

fair enough you may feel angry that you haven't received a laptop but its an obvious listing error or john lewis behalf

Duncancc

'your laptop has already been dispatched, there has been a delay with the … 'your laptop has already been dispatched, there has been a delay with the courier and will be at your local store from 2pm onwards friday'

They were basing it on the assigned tracking number; the number that's automatically assigned.
They haven't lied to you.

I honestly hope you try to take them to court over this.
It will be hilarious seeing you waste your time and money, ending up spending more than the laptop would have cost new.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/tina-fey-alec-baldwin-there-there.gif

signed,thanks

Banned

Duncancc

Villa, link to petition is in the description pal

I was actually asking the anti-petition petition guys so I could join theirs and make fun of you, but since you've called me 'pal' I think I will sign yours after all.
Yeah I'm cheap.

Ajek

signed,thanks

A bigger waste of time than your initial transaction.

OP, your thread has made my day. X)

After reading your petition cr*p, I really do hope they turn you down for it and basically tell you where to go. Telling them you'll take legal action where you don't have any rights as its states in the terms and conditions, which you seem to of pointed out to the CEO ..

Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:

"The identification of a pricing or product description error"

Banned

I have valiantly come to the aid of this poor underdog and have boldly signed his petition against the corporate evil giant known as John Lewis.
Power to the people and such like...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764032
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213603
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions