Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Petition for our NHS workers - nurses and doctors to have student debt wiped

Groups

Top comments
Petition and claps don't work!

Work with the governing bodies for the NHS which represent the patients/customers and which hold the hospital trusts to account, and campaign on the street level en masse , when the outbreak is under control (like China is now) (not clapping from the comfort of your home on the "moon").

When the junior doctors and nurses pleaded for help from the public in recent years, when the student nurses pleaded about training fees, where were you, did you even clap?!
Edited by: "splender" 27th Mar
18 Comments
Signed, should be standard anyway.
Agreed, but it's never going to happen. Others will claim it is unfair and want their loans deleted too. I'd be happy to be proven wrong
Petition and claps don't work!

Work with the governing bodies for the NHS which represent the patients/customers and which hold the hospital trusts to account, and campaign on the street level en masse , when the outbreak is under control (like China is now) (not clapping from the comfort of your home on the "moon").

When the junior doctors and nurses pleaded for help from the public in recent years, when the student nurses pleaded about training fees, where were you, did you even clap?!
Edited by: "splender" 27th Mar
Xboxgamer32127/03/2020 10:46

Signed, should be standard anyway.

We don't want standard, like standard clapping. We need to show strength in other ways, like that famous Farage photo showing lots of people.
Predikuesi27/03/2020 10:51

Agreed, but it's never going to happen. Others will claim it is unfair and …Agreed, but it's never going to happen. Others will claim it is unfair and want their loans deleted too. I'd be happy to be proven wrong

Let us not use the perfect fairness be the enemy of doing something purposefully..
Pardon me for crashing the party. But isn't this what they're in the profession to do? For situations such as this as well as others?
Just pay them a fair wage and treat them like everyone else when it comes to money.
awiew27/03/2020 12:35

Pardon me for crashing the party. But isn't this what they're in the …Pardon me for crashing the party. But isn't this what they're in the profession to do? For situations such as this as well as others?

Perfect, you could be right, there is no need to incentivise them in patient outcome in epidermics?!
good luck
splender27/03/2020 13:21

Perfect, you could be right, there is no need to incentivise them in …Perfect, you could be right, there is no need to incentivise them in patient outcome in epidermics?!

What`s an epidermic ?
You shouldn't have to have a degree to get a job as a nurse. Part of the reason they have trouble recruiting. Start off with loads of debt and get relatively poor wages. Not a very appetising prospect
Does that include any student debt, debt which i chose, borrow someone elses money you pay it back,don't want debt spend your own money and don't do loans
Could i get study, business, law, study in the best med school become a brain surgeon and have all the debt paid off by the taxpayer?

I dont have student debt, why? Because i chose not to go to college because the time and money isnt worth the benefits and if you think its worth going to college than pay your damn bills
Edited by: "Norseg" 27th Mar
The doctors I know have mostly left the profession after the minimum number of years to be qualified and would be laughing all the way to the bank with this.

I think what would be better is more like if, particularly for nurses, the university fees were waived and grants available
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 27th Mar
sicklysweet27/03/2020 17:00

The doctors I know have mostly left the profession after the minimum …The doctors I know have mostly left the profession after the minimum number of years to be qualified and would be laughing all the way to the bank with this.I think what would be better is more like if, particularly for nurses, the university fees were waived and grants available

Just did a bit of research found this on a NHS website
"Financial support while at university
Between £5,000 - £8,000 will be available from September 2020 to help undergraduate and postgraduate student nurses fund their studies. Best of all, they won’t need to be repaid. Find out more about with these annual payments and the other financial support available" it also per year

If it was all medical fields ill happily become a Dentist, Brain Surgeon, etc for the money

Well ofcourse its fir money but without upfront cost its a no brainer
Edited by: "Norseg" 27th Mar
Norseg27/03/2020 17:10

Just did a bit of research found this on a NHS website "Financial support …Just did a bit of research found this on a NHS website "Financial support while at universityBetween £5,000 - £8,000 will be available from September 2020 to help undergraduate and postgraduate student nurses fund their studies. Best of all, they won’t need to be repaid. Find out more about with these annual payments and the other financial support available" it also per yearIf it was all medical fields ill happily become a Dentist, Brain Surgeon, etc for the moneyWell ofcourse its fir money but without upfront cost its a no brainer

I recon that is fairer than wiping student loan debt as student debt, in my eyes, is divided into two parts; tuition and cash.

The cash payments were generally spent on food, lifestyle and booze in a vast number of cases and I don’t think that lifestyles should automatically be funded willy nilly.

Tuition payments however, particularly for nursing which is lower paid, I do see benefit of financial help with that and also the grants you mentioned helping to fund people who otherwise can’t afford to study nursing or have a family at home etc to support.
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 27th Mar
splender27/03/2020 11:02

Petition and claps don't work!Work with the governing bodies for the NHS …Petition and claps don't work!Work with the governing bodies for the NHS which represent the patients/customers and which hold the hospital trusts to account, and campaign on the street level en masse , when the outbreak is under control (like China is now) (not clapping from the comfort of your home on the "moon").When the junior doctors and nurses pleaded for help from the public in recent years, when the student nurses pleaded about training fees, where were you, did you even clap?!

This is a magnificent point, well made.

As a member of the public services, can people please remember our dedication and hard work next time somebody mentions a below inflation pay rise, raising our pensionable age or our “gold-plated pension schemes?”
No.
Until a few years ago nurses didn't pay fees anyway and got a grant on top, they should just bring that back (the new part grant for fees is mentioned above).

Also why do people keep making petitions on change.org, it's pointless and just ignored. We have an official petition site that they pretty much have to respond to, but no, lets use a random 3rd party one for some daft reason.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants