Groups

Petition: iPlayer Free For All on Xbox 360

Just started a facebook group to try and get microsoft to give iPlayer access free for all

please join

facebook.com/gro…819

48 Comments

Title misleading... i thought it had been announced :-(

never going to happennhas tehy have a tie in with sky and what a rip of that is

oh and this one says why we probably wont ever get it on the 360

telegraph.co.uk/tec…tml

Original Poster

Come on guys gotta be worth a try, its about time everyone stood up to microsoft (bl==dy bullys)

adammegsue;7163137

Come on guys gotta be worth a try, its about time everyone stood up to … Come on guys gotta be worth a try, its about time everyone stood up to microsoft (bl==dy bullys)

or just buy a PS3:)

Who wants iPlayer on a 360? What's the point? Use your PC or stream it, or media centre it or whatever it is that you lot do with the linked up systems :roll:

I use mine for gaming.

I get iplayer and other player services free on my Virgin box

If you want to play games, buy a 360, if you want multimedia buy a PS3, or do what I do and play games on 360 and get iplayer elsewhere.

Unless you are seriously hampered for space, I never see the point of a games console trying to be more than what they are meant to do best...play video games.

I have looked at Sky news which is broadcast free from the 360 and its terrible, so pixelated. Freesat are rolling out the IPlayer service this month, or just watch it on a pc.

Like Microsoft are gonna listen to a facebook group?

A gaming console to me means something to play games on. The 360 is fine the way it is!

If you want iPlayer - get a PS3!

But iPlayer is (well, some of it) available on the 360.

I use the brilliant TVersity on my PC and this picks up some of the programmes from iPlayer, as well as other podcasts including the brilliant Attack of the Show from the USA. I can access all the content via my 360 in the lounge. Although I've tested iPlayer I've not watched a programme all the way through this was as I have Virgin Media and access to the full iPlayer service anyway.

lol my console is for playing games dunno about you lot

its M$, they dont care what you think.

M$ wants it to be a part of XBL gold which costs money

BBC's policy is to provide free because people are already paying tv licences.

M$ wont bother with it then.

deal cancelled.

fps_d0minat0r;7163777

its M$, they dont care what you think.M$ wants it to be a part of XBL … its M$, they dont care what you think.M$ wants it to be a part of XBL gold which costs moneyBBC's policy is to provide free because people are already paying tv licences.M$ wont bother with it then.deal cancelled.

good job too

Alfonse;7163654

lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but in quality of games.

xbox had its days but since 2008 it went downhill.
    ODST wasnt a big improvement, gears 3 announced for next gen, mass effect, l4d and others are shared with PC, good exclusives like braid and ninja giaden sigma came out on ps3.

tbh its being kicked around the place and yet microsoft think they can make the decisions.
    If they were wise they would allow iplayer for free since they dont even have a web browser.

Alfonse;7163654

I bought a PS3 because it played games, blu-ray, iPlayer and was a great multimedia system at the same time.

I considered the XBox but for my needs it was much better value for money to go for the PS3 :thumbsup:

i payed for my 360 so that i can watch dvd;s on it

fps_d0minat0r;7163797

lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but … lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but in quality of games.

and.

i;m happy with the games

Alfonse;7163827

and.i;m happy with the games

thats nice, only saying.

Celticsun;7163809

I bought a PS3 because it played games, blu-ray, iPlayer and was a great … I bought a PS3 because it played games, blu-ray, iPlayer and was a great multimedia system at the same time.I considered the XBox but for my needs it was much better value for money to go for the PS3 :thumbsup:

have a separate blu-ray player for better image processing ie. xv color and 24p

not about value for me, have all 3, IMO xbox delivers my console needs for gaming

fps_d0minat0r;7163854

thats nice, only saying.

yes i did notice your elaboration on your 'only saying' something

Yer like a fbook group is gonan work

Alfonse;7163871

yes i did notice your elaboration on your 'only saying' something

im saying whats happening........ps3's getting better exclusives.

fps_d0minat0r;7164075

im saying whats happening........ps3's getting better exclusives.

you are coming forward with all the information today

Alfonse;7164093

you are coming forward with all the information today

why dont you come straight to the point?

i dont get what your trying to say.

fps_d0minat0r;7163797

lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but … lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but in quality of games.

fps_d0minat0r;7164268

why dont you come straight to the point?i dont get what your trying to … why dont you come straight to the point?i dont get what your trying to say.

Alfonse;7163856

have a separate blu-ray player for better image processing ie. xv color … have a separate blu-ray player for better image processing ie. xv color and 24pnot about value for me, have all 3, IMO xbox delivers my console needs for gaming

The PS3 is still one of the better Blu Ray players out there and with Sony being a main rights holder to Blu-Ray its just a matter of firmware updates.

Celticsun;7164410

The PS3 is still one of the better Blu Ray players out there and with … The PS3 is still one of the better Blu Ray players out there and with Sony being a main rights holder to Blu-Ray its just a matter of firmware updates.

my blu ray player is Sony................with wifi for update:whistling:

Alfonse;7164437

my blu ray player is Sony................with wifi for update:whistling:

lol that Sony Centre has a big window eh? Saw you comin :thumbsup:

Which model Blu-Ray is it ?

Celticsun;7164468

lol that Sony Centre has a big window eh? Saw you comin :thumbsup:

nah whathifi and avforums actually

Sony BDP-S5000ES

Alfonse;7164513

nah whathifi and avforums actuallySony BDP-S5000ES

LoL you spent £1000 on a Blu Ray player.... you have more money than sense.

Seriously can you really tell the difference?

It is Sonys Flagship player, I hope you have the Equivalent PDP-LX6090 to use it on, not to mention the best surround system on the market?

If you do... hat off to ya :thumbsup:

fps_d0minat0r;7163797

lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but … lol xbox is fallng behind in games too.......not in number of games but in quality of games.xbox had its days but since 2008 it went downhill.ODST wasnt a big improvement, gears 3 announced for next gen, mass effect, l4d and others are shared with PC, good exclusives like braid and ninja giaden sigma came out on ps3.tbh its being kicked around the place and yet microsoft think they can make the decisions.If they were wise they would allow iplayer for free since they dont even have a web browser.

Wouldn't expect any less gibberish from a guy with a ps3 avatar

I don't play ANY games on my 360, for me it's a streaming media box from my home network :w00t:

My sons play games but I don't like console games - I prefer my PC!

matt3454;7164867

Harsh...... But Fair :-D

matt3454;7164867

But he's the fps_d0minat0r...dont mess

does fps stand for faps per second?

Celticsun;7164821

LoL you spent £1000 on a Blu Ray player.... you have more money than … LoL you spent £1000 on a Blu Ray player.... you have more money than sense.Seriously can you really tell the difference? It is Sonys Flagship player, I hope you have the Equivalent PDP-LX6090 to use it on, not to mention the best surround system on the market?If you do... hat off to ya :thumbsup:

meh its not the money, I love my cinema room, got my Bose Acoustimass 10 Speakers (plus and extra mission sub) and a Sony STR-DG1000, upgraded from the DG820

Alfonse;7165092

meh its not the money, I love my cinema room, got my Bose Acoustimass 10 … meh its not the money, I love my cinema room, got my Bose Acoustimass 10 Speakers (plus and extra mission sub) and a Sony STR-DG1000, upgraded from the DG820

See I understand now... if its your thing which it clearly is having a cinema room thats cool.

So then... If you could only keep 1 Blu Ray Film which would it be....not judging story line, plot or acting ability just purely eye popping goodness :w00t:

Celticsun;7165199

See I understand now... if its your thing which it clearly is having a … See I understand now... if its your thing which it clearly is having a cinema room thats cool.So then... If you could only keep 1 Blu Ray Film which would it be....not judging story line, plot or acting ability just purely eye popping goodness :w00t:

tbh the picture on blu-ray is great don't get me wrong but I find the sound quality by far outways the migration from DVD to BD, however

For picture :- Coraline/Dark Knight

For Sound :- Black Hawk Down/Star Trek 2009

IMO

matt3454;7164867

so you think xbox has been getting better exclusives?

wouldnt expect any less gibberish from a guy who makes pointless comments.

Alfonse;7165415

tbh the picture on blu-ray is great don't get me wrong but I find the … tbh the picture on blu-ray is great don't get me wrong but I find the sound quality by far outways the migration from DVD to BD, howeverFor picture :- Coraline/Dark KnightFor Sound :- Black Hawk Down/Star Trek 2009IMO

Dark Knight & Black Hawk are both on my christmas list.

Sin City is supposed to be pretty tasty too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions