petition the Prime Minister to enforce ebay to stop selling tickets to charity events

Ticket touting is bad enough, but touting tickets that have been sold to raise money for a charity, (e.g. Machester versus Cancer, raising money for Christies hospital,) is very low. Effectively touts are profiting from a charity. This could easily be tackled is ebay were to stop selling such tickets.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/Fun…gs/petitions.pm.gov.uk/Fun…gs/

7 Comments

what i dont understand is why dont the actualy ticket sellers sell them on ebay they also can get alot of money then.

HU5TLER

what i dont understand is why dont the actualy ticket sellers sell them … what i dont understand is why dont the actualy ticket sellers sell them on ebay they also can get alot of money then.

Exactly.

Its a free market at the end of the day. Its not touts job to be all moralistic about charities.

I had a RSPCA guy knock on my door yesterday. He was effectively touting for money as he will get paid from the charity.

Look at who runs charities, the men at the top get as much money as Directors in any major industry.

My point is not only touts are profiting from charities.

I don't see a problem. No different to buying something from a charity shop for £10 and selling it on for £50. I call that free enterprise.

It's freedom though, stopping someone selling something they rightfully own is a complete step back

Why do people buy from touts anyway, it is always more money and nowadays the chances of being admitted is getting slimmer. Not worth risk in my opinion.

Can we not have a Mother of all petitions to stop new petitions from being posted on every forum read

Crazy1

Why do people buy from touts anyway, it is always more money and nowadays … Why do people buy from touts anyway, it is always more money and nowadays the chances of being admitted is getting slimmer. Not worth risk in my opinion.

Sometimes it is the only option (ie. England away), now that sponsors get many more tickets than the genuine fans.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Speccing a gaming pc34
    2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34
    3. Car park fine UKPC66
    4. Where is cheapest place for Fifa 18 PS4?11

See more discussions