Petition to cut VAT on Children'd suncare

8 replies
Found 7th Mar 2007
I just stumbled across this on the Superdrug website, a petition to get government to cut the VAT (17.5%) on kids suncream.

superdrug.com/pag…taxsuperdrug.com/pag…tax

I thought it was a brilliant idea. I dread when it comes to buying kids suncream cos all the good ones are soo expensive, I know you can buy cheap versions but suncream is something I like to buy decent of.:-D

9 Comments

I think the government should exempt all sun care products from VAT!

Original Poster

Yeah definatley but maybe this is a start!

i agree, should be basic price to all

malibu777

Yeah definatley but maybe this is a start!

very true :thumbsup:

Would be cheaper than the NHS paying for all the problems lack of suncare causes....

you can bet though even if they do consumers wont see the price cuts - it'll simply be more money in the hands of big companies who know they can get the current prices anyway

seancampbell

you can bet though even if they do consumers wont see the price cuts - … you can bet though even if they do consumers wont see the price cuts - it'll simply be more money in the hands of big companies who know they can get the current prices anyway

i was just thinking that myself

MBeeching

I think the government should exempt all sun care products from VAT!

You beat me to it - my thoughts exactly. Why restrict it to just childrens suncream?

agree kids should be exempt but then all the adults would buy the kids stuff and pour it into adult bottles....

And what about all these "designer" suncare products with high price tags where you're paying for the advertising rather than the basic product - should these be VAT free?

There's no easy answer unless they say anything costing less than £1 per 100ml is exempt but it still has to meet certain standards so that they don't skip the more expensive ingredients...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564104
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769249
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247571
    4. Misco about to go into administration910

See more discussions