petition to get Captain Tom Moore, a knighthood that he very much deserves

Posted 16th Apr
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Dyslexic_Dog16/04/2020 16:35

Not wishing to seem unkind, but does walking 100 lengths of his garden …Not wishing to seem unkind, but does walking 100 lengths of his garden really justify a knighthood?

At the age of 100, His service during the war and raising over £13m for our NHS, Yes.
40435642-Via59.jpg

Not wishing to seem unkind, but does walking 100 lengths of his garden …Not wishing to seem unkind, but does walking 100 lengths of his garden really justify a knighthood?

No but raising £13 million and rising does
We have given £10 to Captain Tom.
Would have been more, but tough times
15 Comments
There are no so many of these petitions it's going to defeat the object. All the votes will be diluted.
Not wishing to seem unkind, but does walking 100 lengths of his garden really justify a knighthood?

discozohan16/04/2020 16:45

That honour may arguably rest with the person(s) / entity that saw the marketing / newsworthiness opportunity.

At the age of 100, His service during the war and raising over £13m for our NHS, Yes.
We have given £10 to Captain Tom.
Would have been more, but tough times
.MUFC.16/04/2020 17:16

At the age of 100, His service during the war and raising over £13m for …At the age of 100, His service during the war and raising over £13m for our NHS, Yes.

For once I actually agree with you!?!

I'm scared.

EDIT - I think he has even recovered from CV19 too so well worthy of it!!
Edited by: "Towelie" 16th Apr
Towelie16/04/2020 17:32

For once I actually agree with you!?!I'm scared.EDIT - I think he has even …For once I actually agree with you!?!I'm scared.EDIT - I think he has even recovered from CV19 too so well worthy of it!!

If the latter is true then it really does give us all hope. A man with an amazing spirit.
.MUFC.16/04/2020 17:38

If the latter is true then it really does give us all hope. A man with an …If the latter is true then it really does give us all hope. A man with an amazing spirit.

Just Googled and I think I got confused as he got interviewed at the same time as a 99yr old lady who had recovered.

Still though, they man's a legend for doing what he's done and is the exact sort of person who should be recognised rather than the usual celeb/ex-MPs we get on the honours list.

EDIT - he did it to thank them for his treatment on his hip which is why he needs the frame:

reuters.com/art…292
Edited by: "Towelie" 16th Apr
Towelie16/04/2020 17:52

Just Googled and I think I got confused as he got interviewed at the same …Just Googled and I think I got confused as he got interviewed at the same time as a 99yr old lady who had recovered. Still though, they man's a legend for doing what he's done and is the exact sort of person who should be recognised rather than the usual celeb/ex-MPs we get on the honours list.

Yes I seen that a 99 year old lady beat it. Sentiment is the same
I’ve signed, he absolutely deserves it. With everything going on in the world it’s nice to see some of the good coming from it. Bless his soul!
40435642-Via59.jpg
He got it!

Coronavirus: Captain Tom Moore awarded knighthood for NHS fundraising bbc.co.uk/new…300
Tricky question... undoubtedly a great man. But in the premise that Nick Clegg and Kier Starmer got one he deserves ten.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions