Petition to get Pepsi Max to sponsor me

Posted 24th Aug 2020
Community Updates
Misc
41 Comments
I dunno, Pepsi glasses don’t count unless they’re nicked from a pub!
Nat_urally24/08/2020 18:50

I dunno, Pepsi glasses don’t count unless they’re nicked from a pub!

Also counts when you've won them from the Pepsi Perfect Match competition twice like I have
Amateur lol.

41745279-cPW9Q.jpg41745279-fIf8O.jpg
cecilmcroberts24/08/2020 19:08

Amateur lol.[Image] [Image]

Are they actually your photos and if so I'm guessing you own / work in a shop or work at a warehouse or something?
andrewworrall124/08/2020 19:10

Are they actually your photos and if so I'm guessing you own / work in a …Are they actually your photos and if so I'm guessing you own / work in a shop or work at a warehouse or something?

Work within the distribution and supply chain sector. Yes own taken pictures though from couple of years ago, sadly the close up picture was actually a new type of one touch carrier. It was being pictured during its entire supply chain journey. Also was a video made about it, think it was on Polymers website.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 24th Aug
I used to have the same addiction as you but to Diet Coke, 15 years in October since I had a glass. Once you know you have a problem..
eslick24/08/2020 19:18

I used to have the same addiction as you but to Diet Coke, 15 years in …I used to have the same addiction as you but to Diet Coke, 15 years in October since I had a glass. Once you know you have a problem..

Diet coke, I can't stand the stuff Pepsi Max is the only cola drink I like and you probably won't believe me after seeing all of the photos I uploaded but I don't drink that many cans per day. Probably about two, one with my lunch then another with my dinner at night.
andrewworrall124/08/2020 19:20

Diet coke, I can't stand the stuff Pepsi Max is the only cola drink I …Diet coke, I can't stand the stuff Pepsi Max is the only cola drink I like and you probably won't believe me after seeing all of the photos I uploaded but I don't drink that many cans per day. Probably about two, one with my lunch then another with my dinner at night.

Haha yeah don’t believe you you don’t have a problem with a couple of cans that’s for sure.
eslick24/08/2020 19:22

Haha yeah don’t believe you you don’t have a problem with a couple of c …Haha yeah don’t believe you you don’t have a problem with a couple of cans that’s for sure.

I knew you wouldn't believe me to be honest I can't blame you though because I'd be the same if it was someone else uploading all of those photos rather than me.

I won't be buying any Pepsi Max for a while that's for sure.
Petition signed, sealed, delivered.
andrewworrall124/08/2020 19:05

Also counts when you've won them from the Pepsi Perfect Match competition …Also counts when you've won them from the Pepsi Perfect Match competition twice like I have

Nah nah, gotta be nicked
andrewworrall124/08/2020 19:20

Diet coke, I can't stand the stuff Pepsi Max is the only cola drink I …Diet coke, I can't stand the stuff Pepsi Max is the only cola drink I like and you probably won't believe me after seeing all of the photos I uploaded but I don't drink that many cans per day. Probably about two, one with my lunch then another with my dinner at night.

Agreed. Diet Coke tastes like crap now I’m used to Pepsi max. It’s like watered down Pepsi!
Pepsi>coke
12345432124/08/2020 19:55

Pepsi>coke

Ew, nah, croca cola is awful, especially croca cola zero taste
I used to have the Pepsi Max addiction, I think I was drinking 2 litres of the stuff a day.

I decided to stop and switch over to flavoured no sugar sparkling water (as I am addicted to the fizz). I lost like 2 stone just from stopping this alone. I also have less stomach issues and feel much more hydrated now, although I still need to cut out the sparkling water and just drink normal water... Just find it boring lol.

I still think it is the best cola drink (2nd favourite is actually Coke Zero as it still has some taste rather than bland fizzy water like Diet coke is) but I only really ever drink it as a mixer to my rum now than drink it 'straight' lol.
Edited by: "dbizal" 24th Aug
dbizal24/08/2020 19:57

I used to have the Pepsi Max addiction, I think I was drinking 2 litres of …I used to have the Pepsi Max addiction, I think I was drinking 2 litres of the stuff a day. I decided to stop and switch over to flavoured no sugar sparkling water (as I am addicted to the fizz). I lost like 2 stone just from stopping this alone. I also have less stomach issues and feel much more hydrated now, although I still need to cut out the sparkling water and just drink normal water... Just find it boring lol. I still think it is the best cola drink (2nd favourite is actually Coke Zero as it still has some taste rather than bland fizzy water like Diet coke is) but I only really ever drink it as a mixer to my rum now than drink it 'straight' lol.

I drink like two cans of Pepsi Max a day usually, lunch and dinner. Sometimes the addiction makes me have one or two more - hot days on a bus especially. Or if I'm in a restaurant or pub I'll get Pepsi Max where available. I'm not a fan of coke (which I nickname croca cola), coke zero (which I nickname croca cola zero taste) or diet coke.

I drink tap water every day as well though. Especially at night, it helps me sleep - I did go through a stage once in which I would drink a can of Pepsi Max at night but it kept me awake, wasn't a smart thing to do, so I switched to tap water. I always need something to drink at night
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 24th Aug
andrewworrall124/08/2020 20:02

I drink like two cans of Pepsi Max a day usually, lunch and dinner. …I drink like two cans of Pepsi Max a day usually, lunch and dinner. Sometimes the addiction makes me have one or two more - hot days on a bus especially. Or if I'm in a restaurant or pub I'll get Pepsi Max where available. I'm not a fan of coke (which I nickname croca cola), coke zero (which I nickname croca cola zero taste) or diet coke.I drink tap water every day as well though. Especially at night, it helps me sleep - I did go through a stage once in which I would drink a can of Pepsi Max at night but it kept me awake, wasn't a smart thing to do, so I switched to water. I always need something to drink at night

Oh I'm not judging mate, just thought I would share my experience with the stuff haha.

I used to do the same with Pepsi Max, so many sleepless nights when I was drinking it before bed, even had a bottle beside the bed for when I woke up thirsty lol. I keep a cold vacuum bottle of water next to my bed now as that's the only time I don't mind drinking water (when it is freezing cold).

I don't know how people can drink the full fat cokes/pepsi though, that stuff makes my teeth feel like and gives me a stomach ache almost straight after. It's like it sucks the water out of your body haha.
dbizal24/08/2020 20:06

Oh I'm not judging mate, just thought I would share my experience with the …Oh I'm not judging mate, just thought I would share my experience with the stuff haha. I used to do the same with Pepsi Max, so many sleepless nights when I was drinking it before bed, even had a bottle beside the bed for when I woke up thirsty lol. I keep a cold vacuum bottle of water next to my bed now as that's the only time I don't mind drinking water (when it is freezing cold). I don't know how people can drink the full fat cokes/pepsi though, that stuff makes my teeth feel like and gives me a stomach ache almost straight after. It's like it sucks the water out of your body haha.

It's fine I never assumed you were judging, but thanks for clarifying anyway

Yep water is the best thing for at night and I prefer it freezing cold - just like with Pepsi Max

Agreed the full fat versions are bad
2 cans a day even sounds a lot to me, I only drink water or green tea. I know people who drink around 2litres of Pepso or Coca Cola per day, they keep saying they're fat and don't know why! I'm not even opening that can of worms with them, it's their life.
Toon_army24/08/2020 20:12

2 cans a day even sounds a lot to me, I only drink water or green tea. I …2 cans a day even sounds a lot to me, I only drink water or green tea. I know people who drink around 2litres of Pepso or Coca Cola per day, they keep saying they're fat and don't know why! I'm not even opening that can of worms with them, it's their life.

I could never drink 2 litres a day, but even with my Pepsi Max addiction I'm not fat / overweight. Definitely not saying the stuff can make that happen though.
andrewworrall124/08/2020 19:56

Ew, nah, croca cola is awful, especially croca cola zero taste

Exactly pepsi is better

2 cans a day even sounds a lot to me, I only drink water or green tea. I …2 cans a day even sounds a lot to me, I only drink water or green tea. I know people who drink around 2litres of Pepso or Coca Cola per day, they keep saying they're fat and don't know why! I'm not even opening that can of worms with them, it's their life.

andrewworrall124/08/2020 20:14

I could never drink 2 litres a day, but even with my Pepsi Max addiction …I could never drink 2 litres a day, but even with my Pepsi Max addiction I'm not fat / overweight. Definitely not saying the stuff can make that happen though.

2 cans a day sounds a lot to me to.

But you have already said you sometimes drink 330ml x 4 a day.
Sponsor you to do what?
Gollywood24/08/2020 20:38

Sponsor you to do what?

I don't know, just a little joke. Nice to have a bit of fun now and then.
Is that i coca-cola fridge i see 👀
sdylan24/08/2020 20:42

Is that i coca-cola fridge i see 👀

Yes, it is. It's great when guests go to it thinking "Ugh, he's got coke" and get a very pleasant surprise when they see a fridge full of Pepsi Max

I could never drink 2 litres a day, but even with my Pepsi Max addiction …I could never drink 2 litres a day, but even with my Pepsi Max addiction I'm not fat / overweight. Definitely not saying the stuff can make that happen though.

It's impossible for Pepsi Max/Diet Coke to make anyone fat. Fat people may drink it, but it's not the cause.
andrewworrall124/08/2020 20:41

I don't know, just a little joke. Nice to have a bit of fun now and then.

But what is the little joke? I am totally lost.
dbizal24/08/2020 19:57

I used to have the Pepsi Max addiction, I think I was drinking 2 litres of …I used to have the Pepsi Max addiction, I think I was drinking 2 litres of the stuff a day. I decided to stop and switch over to flavoured no sugar sparkling water (as I am addicted to the fizz). I lost like 2 stone just from stopping this alone. I also have less stomach issues and feel much more hydrated now, although I still need to cut out the sparkling water and just drink normal water... Just find it boring lol. I still think it is the best cola drink (2nd favourite is actually Coke Zero as it still has some taste rather than bland fizzy water like Diet coke is) but I only really ever drink it as a mixer to my rum now than drink it 'straight' lol.

So... you lost two stone from stopping drinking Pepsi Max, even although it contains approximately 0.4kcal per 100ml.

Something doesn't add up.
Willy_Wonka24/08/2020 20:27

2 cans a day sounds a lot to me to.But you have already said you sometimes …2 cans a day sounds a lot to me to.But you have already said you sometimes drink 330ml x 4 a day.

I cant even remember the last time I drank pop, just never appealed to me. Much prefer my water.
I know a few lads at work drink 2-3 cans of coke per shift, they're all fat as well.
I watched some guy on YouTube drink pop for 30days straight and was crazy how much weight he put up, he said he felt like $h!t as well

Pepsi Max wouldn’t make you overweight. There’s no sugar in it. You’d have to drink so much to have an adverse effect on weight, you’d get water poisoning before the calorific intake was a concern.

Coca Cola and Pepsi original are a different matter though.
Edited by: "PAISAL" 24th Aug
PAISAL24/08/2020 22:23

Pepsi Max wouldn’t make you overweight. There’s no sugar in it.

Read what the World Health Association says
Willy_Wonka24/08/2020 22:25

Read what the World Health Association says

About Pepsi Max specifically?
Willy_Wonka24/08/2020 22:37

nope

About what then?

Having a cursory look at a few articles now that you’ve piqued my interest, it looks like there’s some evidence that people who drink sugar free drinks tend to be more prone to weight gain.

But that could just as easily be a lifestyle choice (sugar free drinks are popular with people that are already overweight or diabetic, and who already make poor dietary decisions not related to their choice of beverage alone). The sugar free drinks are not then necessarily the cause of the weight gain, but their increased consumption is an effect of their possible/apparent obesity.

Unless there’s something I’m missing. But I’d need more to go on than just “read what the World Health Association says”.
Edited by: "PAISAL" 24th Aug
Azwipe24/08/2020 20:47

It's impossible for Pepsi Max/Diet Coke to make anyone fat. Fat people may …It's impossible for Pepsi Max/Diet Coke to make anyone fat. Fat people may drink it, but it's not the cause.

Actually sweeteners have a bigger problem for your body - your tongue sends signals to your body telling it to be expecting a meal with calories - and this signal will vary depending on the sweetness in the drink. Your body will release insulin in response to this signal, but with a sweetener and low calorie/zero calorie drink, your body ends up expecting calories and not receiving any. Now, slowly over time, your body is used to regulating itself, it has trained itself to rely less on this input from your tongue and therefore when you actually eat something sweet or something with sugar, your body won't be releasing enough insulin. You have an imbalance and a problem with insulin secretion - aka prediabetes and then diabetes.

This effect is much worse when eating a meal with the low calorie/no calorie drink. Your body expects a whole lot more calories from the meal + drink than it is actually getting, and doesn't end up getting them like mentioned above. If you are to drink these sorts of things, I'd recommend on their own without a meal and with a good gap before or after a meal. The evidence of taking them with a meal is a whole load of trouble. I'd rather stick with full sugar coke or pepsi on the odd occasion rather than this stuff on a daily basis.

So on their own with no food in moderation, sure, but otherwise there is ample evidence of their harm to your insulin regulation.

And of course with insulin regulation and a prediabetic state you end up with weight gain - insulin is needed to uptake glucose into cells, if there's not enough insulin released the sugars are converted into something else. Maybe not directly from the low cal/no cal drink sure as that doesn't contain the sugars, but from everything else you eat, and not because you are eating more than the other person but because your insulin sensitivity mechanism has been altered.
Edited by: "fcubed" 24th Aug
fcubed24/08/2020 23:10

Actually sweeteners have a bigger problem for your body - your tongue …Actually sweeteners have a bigger problem for your body - your tongue sends signals to your body telling it to be expecting a meal with calories - and this signal will vary depending on the sweetness in the drink. Your body will release insulin in response to this signal, but with a sweetener and low calorie/zero calorie drink, your body ends up expecting calories and not receiving any. Now, slowly over time, your body is used to regulating itself, it has trained itself to rely less on this input from your tongue and therefore when you actually eat something sweet or something with sugar, your body won't be releasing enough insulin. You have an imbalance and a problem with insulin secretion - aka prediabetes and then diabetes. This effect is much worse when eating a meal with the low calorie/no calorie drink. Your body expects a whole lot more calories from the meal + drink than it is actually getting, and doesn't end up getting them like mentioned above. If you are to drink these sorts of things, I'd recommend on their own without a meal and with a good gap before or after a meal. The evidence of taking them with a meal is a whole load of trouble. I'd rather stick with full sugar coke or pepsi on the odd occasion rather than this stuff on a daily basis. So on their own with no food in moderation, sure, but otherwise there is ample evidence of their harm to your insulin regulation.

Really?
I did read that sugar free drinks make you hungrier, so you end up eating more, which is not good if you're a bit tubby, looking to lose weight by drinking lots of these drinks

But I tend not to believe anything I read these days
Edited by: "Gollywood" 25th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text