Groups

Petrol Hedge trimmers???

Wheres a good place to get some cheapish ones from? Not looking to spend a forune, just want some cheap but functional ones as im sick of lopping through the cable on mine!

7 Comments

You dont have to get a petrol one, you can get a Flymo Sabre Cut that is battery

Oh and there are 3 other attachments that will fit on to it to

We got a good one from homebase, spear and jackson I think. Apparantly very good (according to my father who uses it).
    Check out: Homebase, B&Q, scats, local garden machinery stores and local garden centres.

If you have dense patches or a medium to large garden then yes, a petrol strimmer is what you need. Much stronger and better than battery ones.

I have ]this. Not bad at all for the money.
    Paid for itself 10 times over, if it breaks I'll throw it and get another.

Original Poster

hdixon85;2725536

If you have dense patches or a medium to large garden then yes, a petrol … If you have dense patches or a medium to large garden then yes, a petrol strimmer is what you need. Much stronger and better than battery ones.

We probably have around 70-80 foot of hedgrow thats around 8-9ft high to the rear and 6ft or so on the front. With another 12ft or so as saplings (including sloe;-)).

Original Poster

frollickingfrill;2725445

You dont have to get a petrol one, you can get a Flymo Sabre Cut that is … You dont have to get a petrol one, you can get a Flymo Sabre Cut that is battery

Good idea - for girls:p

Im a mans man and battery operated just wont cut the muster (or my hedge) petrol is the only way forward! The revving of the engine, the smell of burning petrol pure masculine machismo all the way!

harlzter;2726044

Good idea - for girls:p Im a mans man and battery operated just wont cut … Good idea - for girls:p Im a mans man and battery operated just wont cut the muster (or my hedge) petrol is the only way forward! The revving of the engine, the smell of burning petrol pure masculine machismo all the way!

Who do you think you are? Grizzly Adams :whistling:

Original Poster

frollickingfrill;2726073

Who do you think you are? Grizzly Adams :whistling:

Nah Grizzly Adams would use his teeth!:-D

Now all I need is a cheap hockey mask and i'm sorted
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/46b79708.gif
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4402047
      2. EE Retention Deal S845
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1015
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2852

See more discussions