Petrol Mower - what oil to use ???

Found 15th Apr 2012
Hello Guys -

Please can any mechanics help with this question....

Basically we have a petrol mower and have had our gardening equipment serviced at the weekend.

For one of the petrol mowers we have been told it is in urgent need of oil - and that we need to buy some.
The guy who did the work said there are all kinds of different oil you need to put into different engines and that we should go online and try and find out what oil to use for our specific machine (to me i just thought oil was oil)

Anyway ive checked on the front of the mower and its called a "KUBOTA GH170-1"
I believe it is Japanese made.

Can anyone please advise what oil we need to buy and where to get it from???????
Community Updates
MiscLawnmowerPetrol
10 Comments
Banned
a service is supposed to include an oil change
Original Poster
sassie

a service is supposed to include an oil change

Ok i should be clear on that point - he was basically working on our mowers cause they didnt work - and he got them working......but he didnt have any oil with him.......and he was a volunteer so it didnt cost us anything
Banned
Olive oil.
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

any normal engine oil will do

Personally i did think that but he started talking about different levels and optimum burning or something - as you see it clearly went over my head !
This pdf includes at the bottom the address and telephone number of the company

http://www.css-club.net/kubota_catalog/pdf/GH.pdf

Cheers

Suggest ringing them Monday

(_;)
Any engine oil will do.
Original Poster

Hey thanks for that PDF will print it off for future reference.

There is even a UK tel number on the last page so will give em a buzz.

Thank You very very much, really helpful. cheers!!

DEALWARRIOR

This pdf includes at the bottom the address and telephone number of the … This pdf includes at the bottom the address and telephone number of the companyhttp://www.css-club.net/kubota_catalog/pdf/GH.pdfCheers

its 2 stroke engine oil for petrol strimmers/hedgecutters and 4 stroke oil for petrol lawnmowers.
Banned
nick1981

Ok i should be clear on that point - he was basically working on our … Ok i should be clear on that point - he was basically working on our mowers cause they didnt work - and he got them working......but he didnt have any oil with him.......and he was a volunteer so it didnt cost us anything

oh right, the one i put in mine says 4 stroke on it, dsont know if they all the same though, would have thought so
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants