Petrol Pump Receipt Reprint - Claiming business mileage

Found 18th Apr 2014
First of all I have no idea where this might go, so Mods please feel free to move.

Came home late last night and filled my car at a Tesco petrol station and waited for the receipt to print to claim for business milage .... only it didn't and the kiosk was closed !! Arggh!
What to do ??? Spoke to Customer Service instore but they could only say "Come back tomorrow " which I did ... and then they told me something I had never heard of before:

If this happens again, insert the same credit/debit card into any other pump .... don't enter your PIN (repeat don't enter your PIN) but the pump remembers your card for that day and offers you an option to reprint your receipt from the other pump !

Maybe everyone else knows this, but it's completely new to me and I suspect many others.

11 Comments

At the ASDA pump I use, it gives you this information on the readout at every visit.

Find it unbelievable that after 7 years you would even think of posting this as a Deal come on think about it now where should you have posted it...........:)

How on earth is this a "deal"?!

Banned

it's in "Misc" under Travel, which is fine, thanks for the info ra2000

Is this not common knowledge?
It's usually displayed on or around the screen.....

Yes it does that.

My receipt didnt print from pay at pump the other week, went into Kiosk and she did that and printed it and told me how to do it from another pump

A13

How on earth is this a "deal"?!

Holly1985

it's in "Misc" under Travel, which is fine, thanks for the info ra2000

Was originally put in to deals in the right place now

Well I for one didn't know this and thank the OP for posting. Regardless of whether it's a deal or not or whether it was listed in the right place or not. Base line is the OP was just trying to be helpful to people.

iconcreative

Well I for one didn't know this and thank the OP for posting. Regardless … Well I for one didn't know this and thank the OP for posting. Regardless of whether it's a deal or not or whether it was listed in the right place or not. Base line is the OP was just trying to be helpful to people.

I've never heard of it either. All i've ever seen is to reinsert the card for a receipt NOT take it to another pump.

Hi wanted to ask if you pay at pump only and forget to print receipt and drive off can anyone else use your card payment

Sabby4573 h, 3 m ago

Hi wanted to ask if you pay at pump only and forget to print receipt and …Hi wanted to ask if you pay at pump only and forget to print receipt and drive off can anyone else use your card payment

Why on earth would you search for that and put a comment on a near 4 year old thread. Don’t you think it will have been sorted by no
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants