Pets at Home - nightmare online

Found 15th Jan
Ordered 2 x 8kg of dried dog food for my French Bulldog puppy from Pets at Home last week.

Package arrived today and they’ve sent adult food instead of junior. Worst thing is, there’s no delivery note in with the package, and even the emails I received didn’t specify a product, just a delivery date. How dreadful is that?

Just wondering if I have any recourse to return the food, as in reality I don’t have any proof I of what I ordered.

Obviously, the dog will grow and move on to this adult food, but that means storing two huge bags in the house for the next 6 months (less than ideal) and doesn’t solve my immediate issue of the dog needing food he can eat right now!

Anyone got any ideas on what my next course of action could be? Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
Ring Pets at Home
Can you not work out the unit price from your payment method and determine if it was the puppy one or is the adult one the same price online for the same bag size?
I'd hazard a guess at ringing them and explaining.
Take it back, get a swap or refund whatever the policy is.
Either ring them or if you're nearby it might be worth going instore. I've had to go instore for two separate issues and they've been really helpful both times. I think if you have the email that proves you did make an order (even if it doesn't have specific items I'm guessing it shows when you ordered it and maybe an order or invoice number) then they should try and get it sorted for you. The benefit of going direct to the store is that you can hopefully leave with the food your puppy needs now instead of waiting for customer services to send out a new order.
Edited by: "sparky64" 15th Jan
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it.
Try logging into your account online, it’ll have a full order history.
Original Poster
cmdr_elito8 h, 0 m ago

Try logging into your account online, it’ll have a full order history.

Thanks, but I checked out as a guest.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants