Peugeot 108 1.0 active 5dr lease, 24 months @nationalvehiclesolutions

Found 31st Dec 2017

Hi, I'm looking for a small run around, low initial payment and low monthly payments.

Im not sure if im doing this correctly as I'm new to leasing. It seemed a good deal as it appears to be £155.89 initial payment, another 23 x £155.89 & an admin fee. It's for 10000 miles each year.

To me this seems a good deal for what I'm after but wondered what the more experienced of you may say.

I have posted on discussion and someone very kindly replied but I'm impatient lol and thought I would ask on here. If this is not allowed please remove.

If you can advise on anything better could you please advise.

Manythanks.

Community Updates
22 Comments
My wife had a top of the range 108 Allure Top for two years. Bought new with a 2K discount for £10400, and sold two years later for £6400. So 4K depreciation over two years which I was not happy about, as generally any car we have kept for two years at this price bracket has only lost 3K. To me this looks like a rubbish deal on a car that can be bought new for about £8400.
£4K seems a bit much for a car of that size.

Whether you’re after that specific car or something of similar size but you know you want to lease, a number of sites to check...
What Car
Contract Hire and Leasing
Nationwide Vehicle Contracts

I’m sure there’s others too.

P.S 10k miles/yr is more than just a run around
Thank you, your replies are appreciated
Seems a decent deal compared to what else is out there for a 108. Have you looked at a PCP deal, anything there that's worth considering?
I'd also suggest looking at other cars for that sort of money
I know it's a £12 a month more (so annoying when people say spend a little extra) but you could get a DS3 or C3 over 24 months and 10k miles for £167
Edited by: "Jaspabt1" 31st Dec 2017
Did you see this for £146.39 month? Went hot, and looks to still be available.

hotukdeals.com/dea…938
Also try What Car leasing. They also show prices from main dealers, which means you can avoid admin fees set by agents. National Vehicle Solutions for example have a £239 admin fee.

whatcar.com/car…rs/
Jaspabt12 h, 22 m ago

I'd also suggest looking at other cars for that sort of money

Will do, thank you.
Jaspabt12 h, 20 m ago

I know it's a £12 a month more (so annoying when people say spend a little …I know it's a £12 a month more (so annoying when people say spend a little extra) but you could get a DS3 or C3 over 24 months and 10k miles for £167

I'll have a look at this, thank you.
ukkit1 h, 24 m ago

Did you see this for £146.39 month? Went hot, and looks to still be …Did you see this for £146.39 month? Went hot, and looks to still be available.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ds-ds-3-hatchback-12-puretech-82-connected-chic-3dr-14639-per-month-24-month-323-10k-miles-lease-shop-2844938

Hi I've had a look but there is a higher initial payment which I would prefer to avoid, but thank you
ayr741 h, 1 m ago

Also try What Car leasing. They also show prices from main dealers, which …Also try What Car leasing. They also show prices from main dealers, which means you can avoid admin fees set by agents. National Vehicle Solutions for example have a £239 admin fee. https://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/deals/special-offers/

I can't get this to load on my phone at the moment, will try again in a bit, thank you
For a little more you can get a new Dacia which you can either run into the ground or sell it on.

At £4k for 2 years id go for second hand and get a chunk back if I wanted to sell it.
Leasing a cheap car sometimes just doesn't work out to be the best option for ownership.
£4000 for two years in a £10000 car it's great when you compare to some recent deals on here, for example:
Bit less than £5000 over two years gets you a £20000+ car like the Skoda Karoq
Bit less than £6000 gets Skoda Octavia VRS £25k+
Bit less than £7000 gets you £32k+ Seat Leon Cupra R.

So if you take the Octavia example you get well over double the price of car compared to this Peugeot for less than 50% more money over the term.
mollypolly11 h, 52 m ago

I can't get this to load on my phone at the moment, will try again in a …I can't get this to load on my phone at the moment, will try again in a bit, thank you

For some reason the main page takes a minute or so to load up (be patient! ⏱) Once in, it is fast enough - to start, click on red ‘click here’ section on the black band across the top to search for a particular model.
MIDURIX43 m ago

Leasing a cheap car sometimes just doesn't work out to be the best option …Leasing a cheap car sometimes just doesn't work out to be the best option for ownership. £4000 for two years in a £10000 car it's great when you compare to some recent deals on here, for example:Bit less than £5000 over two years gets you a £20000+ car like the Skoda Karoq Bit less than £6000 gets Skoda Octavia VRS £25k+ Bit less than £7000 gets you £32k+ Seat Leon Cupra R. So if you take the Octavia example you get well over double the price of car compared to this Peugeot for less than 50% more money over the term.

well made point, and i agree
MIDURIX1 h, 13 m ago

Leasing a cheap car sometimes just doesn't work out to be the best option …Leasing a cheap car sometimes just doesn't work out to be the best option for ownership. £4000 for two years in a £10000 car it's great when you compare to some recent deals on here, for example:Bit less than £5000 over two years gets you a £20000+ car like the Skoda Karoq Bit less than £6000 gets Skoda Octavia VRS £25k+ Bit less than £7000 gets you £32k+ Seat Leon Cupra R. So if you take the Octavia example you get well over double the price of car compared to this Peugeot for less than 50% more money over the term.

I see what you are saying
mollypolly10 m ago

I see what you are saying

Your lease is about £3900 for a £10k car. This Ford Focus 1.0 140ps ST-LIne is worth £23k and is £4600 over the term.
So £30 extra a month on average for 130% more car. Your deal might be a fantastic deal for that car, but I wouldn't search for a specific car I would search for a deal and see if that fits. IF you can't stretch to that amount there have been plenty of deals for the Citroen DS3 for ~£4100 over the term and that's a £16k car.
It's all down to depreciation as that is essentially what you're paying for, so as others have said, the cheapest car to purchase, isn't always the cheapest car to lease. Yes Lease have a number of 1 month deposit options.
Try a Ford Fiesta on PCP. Ford were doing 0% on their PCP.
joedastudd23 h, 8 m ago

For a little more you can get a new Dacia which you can either run into …For a little more you can get a new Dacia which you can either run into the ground or sell it on.At £4k for 2 years id go for second hand and get a chunk back if I wanted to sell it.

Depends on how sensitive your needs are to reliability. I’ve bought a new car recently on a good pcp deal as my old car (a 59 plate) which I bought 1 years old hit 160k and was needing a few k of work, it was scrapped as part of ford scrappage deal. I wouldn’t entertain buying something 5 years old or more as I need reliability doing over 100 miles per day. My old car ran 4 years worry free and in last few years broke down once whilst out (oil filter leaked/failed) and twice on my drive (coil spring snapped and alternator went).

Having a newer car doesn’t guarantee worry free driving but it certainly increases the chances of it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants