Peugeot 5008 feedback and reviews

Posted 12th Jan
Hi
I am considering getting Peugeot 5008 2020. Due to our family needs that car works well.
vw sharan as well but Mrs doesn't feel comfortable driving it.

always heard bad things about Peugeot brand but 5008 looks very nice.

any reviews from personal experiences is appreciated

regards
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
I have the old model 1.6 blue hdi auto 120hp.
I know its not the same but, The only issue I have with the car is its under powered.
Get the 2.0L diesel or 1.6L petrol.
Mine is a smooth drive with a great view of the road.
I would have loved to buy the new model but price was the issue.
I got the old model with one keeper ( Peugeot ) with 8 miles on the clock for about 48% off list price.
I hope your not going direct to a dealer ?.
Without getting some ammunition first.
I just hade a quick look round and found these prices.39656796-dSsXr.jpg39656796-3HbZB.jpg39656796-pSp5T.jpg39656796-yS1rN.jpg

I was only looking for the model I would like.
bigwheels12/01/2020 12:40

I hope your not going direct to a dealer ?.Without getting some ammunition …I hope your not going direct to a dealer ?.Without getting some ammunition first.I just hade a quick look round and found these prices.[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] I was only looking for the model I would like.

Thank you.

For some reason he was pushing for 1.6 diesel on our first visit . As we don't do much mile 1.6petrol sounds better from my understanding.

Also how powerful this new engines are ? I always drove 1.8 and above but they are all old car. Currently 15years old astra 1.8.
1.6 sound smalls for 7 seater suv. But m not that great with car knowledge.

And heard some negatives about electric fault and leaking from sunroof etc
Both the 1.6 Petrol and 2.0 Diesel are 180Hp or whatever they call it now.
Diesel is a hard sell these days. Even though they are cleaner than most Petrol cars.
By your comment above, I think you will keep the car for a long time, Thats where a diesel could be an issue.
Price hikes for parking and made to pay congestion charge / ULEZ.
Weather you buy from the dealer ship or order online look at the service package. I got 5 years service packang and everything
AA cover, Now with RAC for £13.99 a month. But look around 1 dealer wanted £1300. for a 3 year package.

Look here for engine specks

media.peugeot.co.uk/fil…XXX
bigwheels12/01/2020 15:41

Both the 1.6 Petrol and 2.0 Diesel are 180Hp or whatever they call it …Both the 1.6 Petrol and 2.0 Diesel are 180Hp or whatever they call it now.Diesel is a hard sell these days. Even though they are cleaner than most Petrol cars.By your comment above, I think you will keep the car for a long time, Thats where a diesel could be an issue.Price hikes for parking and made to pay congestion charge / ULEZ.Weather you buy from the dealer ship or order online look at the service package. I got 5 years service packang and everythingAA cover, Now with RAC for £13.99 a month. But look around 1 dealer wanted £1300. for a 3 year package.Look here for engine specks https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/63/2/all-new-peugeot-5008-suv-october-2017-version-2.pdf?lcdv16=1PP7SYHCRKT0AXXX

Would u buy the same car again?

M more likely gonna go for 1.6 petrol
I’m a diesel fan. I used to do heavy mileage, but don’t any more. The overtaking power is better than a Petrol.
What with Diesel gate, and diesel cars being targeted by council’s, ULEZ and parking charges I think I would go with Petrol now.
Just to be on the safe side.
I purchased mine knowing the issues with diesel and extra fees etc. I covered for tax rises and a blue badge for parking and
the congestion charge.
But the purchase price was to good.
If you buy a new one make sure you get gap insurance.
Check on line as dealers double or triple the cost.
I got a weird policy due to the car being new but second hand.
It covered me for like for like cover.
So if the car was a right off, they would find the same model 3 months old with 8 miles on the clock.
So now I would get a basic 5008 diesel auto ( new shape ). All for £200 for 5 years cover.
bigwheels12/01/2020 17:53

I’m a diesel fan. I used to do heavy mileage, but don’t any more. The ove …I’m a diesel fan. I used to do heavy mileage, but don’t any more. The overtaking power is better than a Petrol.What with Diesel gate, and diesel cars being targeted by council’s, ULEZ and parking charges I think I would go with Petrol now.Just to be on the safe side. I purchased mine knowing the issues with diesel and extra fees etc. I covered for tax rises and a blue badge for parking andthe congestion charge.But the purchase price was to good.If you buy a new one make sure you get gap insurance.Check on line as dealers double or triple the cost.I got a weird policy due to the car being new but second hand.It covered me for like for like cover.So if the car was a right off, they would find the same model 3 months old with 8 miles on the clock.So now I would get a basic 5008 diesel auto ( new shape ). All for £200 for 5 years cover.

That's great.
Much appreciated.

Would not it b better to get on motabilitly scheme for u?If u qualify
e4u36912/01/2020 17:56

That's great.Much appreciated.Would not it b better to get on motabilitly …That's great.Much appreciated.Would not it b better to get on motabilitly scheme for u?If u qualify

Yes it could be good but if they change their mine and take back the car with less than a weeks notice.
Then I would be screwed. That’s why I purchased a car outright and should be fine for ten years.
bigwheels12/01/2020 18:06

Yes it could be good but if they change their mine and take back the car …Yes it could be good but if they change their mine and take back the car with less than a weeks notice.Then I would be screwed. That’s why I purchased a car outright and should be fine for ten years.

That's true.
If you don't do much mileage, then the DPF on a diesel could be an issue. We have a 308 diesel, and it's been fine, but can't comment on the quality of the 5008. As a new model it probably meets the ULEZ requirements anyway.

Iirc, The Peugeot 3008 came in to the top 5 most reliable cars last year, and Peugeot came top in the dependable brands in the UK - europe.jdpower.com/pre…udy
Peguoet are not too bad, certainly alot better than the Vauxhalls, plus side is there parts arent as expensive as vw, and BMW, and the Japanese cars or that is the case with older models.
MynameisM12/01/2020 21:36

Peguoet are not too bad, certainly alot better than the Vauxhalls, plus …Peguoet are not too bad, certainly alot better than the Vauxhalls, plus side is there parts arent as expensive as vw, and BMW, and the Japanese cars or that is the case with older models.

Vauxhall now being part of PSA - parent company of Peugeot. I'm expecting parts on Vauxhall models to start using Peugeot parts at some point.
alg13/01/2020 09:22

Vauxhall now being part of PSA - parent company of Peugeot. I'm expecting …Vauxhall now being part of PSA - parent company of Peugeot. I'm expecting parts on Vauxhall models to start using Peugeot parts at some point.

Very true
alg12/01/2020 18:50

If you don't do much mileage, then the DPF on a diesel could be an issue. …If you don't do much mileage, then the DPF on a diesel could be an issue. We have a 308 diesel, and it's been fine, but can't comment on the quality of the 5008. As a new model it probably meets the ULEZ requirements anyway.Iirc, The Peugeot 3008 came in to the top 5 most reliable cars last year, and Peugeot came top in the dependable brands in the UK - https://europe.jdpower.com/press-releases/2019-uk-vehicle-dependability-study

I test drove 5008 today it was a nice comfy drive. However many things were not included as standard such traction controls, park assist etc etc.

But felt more confident about it after driving it.

Car did nt had sunroof so donno how it would affect back seats
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants