Peugeot Scooters

Found 5th Oct 2017
Im thinking of getting one of these but cant find much info on reliability and availability of spares etc. Do these fall into the "its a Chinese bike and you get what you pay for" category? I may get a new one or am i better something like a second hand Yamaha delight for the same price?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

They are made in China and have been for ages. Since it is a brand which is naturally very popular in France I should imagine that the quality control is better than other Chinese products. The key with any motorcycle is to have a dealer fairly near for service and parts. Personally, I'd stick with the Jap machines, but that might just be prejudice!

airbus3301 h, 22 m ago

They are made in China and have been for ages. Since it is a brand which …They are made in China and have been for ages. Since it is a brand which is naturally very popular in France I should imagine that the quality control is better than other Chinese products. The key with any motorcycle is to have a dealer fairly near for service and parts. Personally, I'd stick with the Jap machines, but that might just be prejudice!

I totally agree with the last part of your comment

I was shopping around 14 months ago and could have picked up brand new Chinese models for just over £1k yes you are covered by warranty etc but having spoke to many and searched the internet most would say go for a Japanese model

The Peugeot Speedfight is about £2500k new whilst for a about £200 more you can pick up a Honda PCX or Yamaha NMax. I went for the Honda PCX125 because the Head Office managed to get me a test ride before buying (most dealerships will tell you it isn't possible - if they do call the UK Head Office).

Just had my second service, no issues and getting 140mpg - I don't ride in rush hour and therefore have plenty of time to watch the traffic/engine brake to slow down.

Hope you make the right choice and enjoy your ride.

Missed the latter part of OP's question

Depends on how much use and whether the secondhand bike has been ridden sensibly or throttled to hell - for me I'd always go new as most 125's or less have been owned by younguns
Edited by: "philphil61" 5th Oct 2017

Original Poster

I bought a brand new kisbee 100 for 1640 off autotrader. Very pleased so far 5 weeks in. Found an article in the telegraph naming reputable scooter manufacturers which tipped the balance.

Thanks to everyone who commented.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants