pfsense hardware dual LAN suggestions?

Posted 10th Nov
Any recommendations for mini PC with dual Intel NIC to use with pfsense please? Guides I'm finding online all seem a bit out of date. Some QOTOM kit on AliExpress that looks good but would prefer something shipped from UK/EU. cheers.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
If you can, source a HP Microserver Gen 8 and set it up as an Esxi host with pfsense as a VM. Gives you more flexibility and allows you to setup a pihole server too to block ads etc! Works great
Gen8 is a good idea, can act as a NAS too.

Below is an option if you want. PFSENSE has a DNS sinkhole so that is basically pihole. But it's your preference.

ZOTAC ZBOX CI327 nano-PC, Barebone amazon.co.uk/dp/…MRP
Barthanes10/11/2019 18:09

If you can, source a HP Microserver Gen 8 and set it up as an Esxi host …If you can, source a HP Microserver Gen 8 and set it up as an Esxi host with pfsense as a VM. Gives you more flexibility and allows you to setup a pihole server too to block ads etc! Works great

Thanks, I'll do some digging on it.
mogsog10/11/2019 18:34

Gen8 is a good idea, can act as a NAS too. Below is an option if you want. …Gen8 is a good idea, can act as a NAS too. Below is an option if you want. PFSENSE has a DNS sinkhole so that is basically pihole. But it's your preference. ZOTAC ZBOX CI327 nano-PC, Barebone https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y2H6G9R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mAfYDb219WMRP

I like the look of that one but was worried about the Realtek NICs which seem to have a bad rep with pfsense compatibility.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants