Groups

phantom 4 drone reviews

Hi I am looking to buy a phantom 4 as a present. I'm not to familiar with drones or never ever had any experience with them. My question is the phantom 4 any good. Is there another drone better for the same money. This drone was recommend to me by a friend. Just like some reviews before I go and spend this much money. Thanks

8 Comments

I have one. Its a professional drone that has a lot of technology and certainly not a toy for that kind of money. Its the best drone you can get. However the DJI Mavic is not far behind and people have been selling the P4 for this. They like the idea of how portable it is.

I suggest you start with something like a Syma X8 for around £50 unless you can happily afford to lose about a grand without worrying.

If you really want to risk your money then it is out of these two myfirstdrone.com/mav…er/
    4There is one other that compares with these and it is the Gopro Karma engadget.com/201…ew/
    Edited by: "QuickProfits" 5th Nov 2016

Original Poster

Hi thanks for the replies. Its a gift for my cousin who is just setting up estate agent. Its mainly to be used for aerial views, pics around the property and a fly through the house virtual viewing. Its not for a kids toy. Its to be used professionally and we all paying towards it as a gift. It seems to be the latest thing out and wanted it future proof for a few years.
    On the above comment is the most suitable drone as it has 4k camera and a good battery life. Or is there something else u guys would recommend. I don't want to go in to cheap and then 6 months later they will have to upgrade it. I was also looking at the phantom 3 pro and advanced. Also with the phantom parts are readily available.

kash2013

Hi thanks for the replies. Its a gift for my cousin who is just setting … Hi thanks for the replies. Its a gift for my cousin who is just setting up estate agent. Its mainly to be used for aerial views, pics around the property and a fly through the house virtual viewing. Its not for a kids toy. Its to be used professionally and we all paying towards it as a gift. It seems to be the latest thing out and wanted it future proof for a few years. On the above comment is the most suitable drone as it has 4k camera and a good battery life. Or is there something else u guys would recommend. I don't want to go in to cheap and then 6 months later they will have to upgrade it. I was also looking at the phantom 3 pro and advanced. Also with the phantom parts are readily available.

​For internal shots, he'd be better with a dji osmo. You'd have to be one hell of a pilot to fly a phantom through a house without hitting anything.

Original Poster

craigstephens

​For internal shots, he'd be better with a dji osmo. You'd have to be one … ​For internal shots, he'd be better with a dji osmo. You'd have to be one hell of a pilot to fly a phantom through a house without hitting anything.

Hi the DJI osmo look like the right thing for internal shots. I thought u could just do it all with a drone lol. Can u use the the camera from the DJI on a drone or would that be separate kit all together. Its buying one or the other. Thanks for your input

Just watch YouTube reviews. I've ordered a mavic pro. It's my first drone lol. Yolo

kash2013

Hi thanks for the replies. Its a gift for my cousin who is just setting … Hi thanks for the replies. Its a gift for my cousin who is just setting up estate agent. Its mainly to be used for aerial views, pics around the property and a fly through the house virtual viewing. Its not for a kids toy. Its to be used professionally and we all paying towards it as a gift. It seems to be the latest thing out and wanted it future proof for a few years. On the above comment is the most suitable drone as it has 4k camera and a good battery life. Or is there something else u guys would recommend. I don't want to go in to cheap and then 6 months later they will have to upgrade it. I was also looking at the phantom 3 pro and advanced. Also with the phantom parts are readily available.

Unless he's got an extra few thousand to get licensed then it will be illegal for them to use it for commercial work (expect big fines) and you need authorisation from the CAA to fly it around buildings and people.

Also they'll need to practice with a starter model like a Syma X5C unless they want to put themselves and others in danger.
    Edited by: "dcx_badass" 6th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?34
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??37
      3. Iphone 6 to which handset?711
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.914

See more discussions