Philippines adapter to UK plug?

Posted 3rd Nov
my fiance is now living with me in UK and brought her electronics...but havin problem finding an adapter to plug a 2 pin plug in so will work in our 3 pin socket ..any suggestions ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
It's A as far as I can see looking at her 2 pin plug I'm not very techy
1988dave03/11/2019 18:19

It's A as far as I can see looking at her 2 pin plug I'm …It's A as far as I can see looking at her 2 pin plug I'm not very techy

Type A - 2 flat pins is also used in the US, but I believe her devices will be 220 V (rather than the US 110 V) which is pretty close to UK 230V. I thing their frequency is 60Hz to UK 50Hz which for most devices (not clocks or things with motors) is close. Do check the voltages, but a US to UK adopter should do the job.

eg ebay.co.uk/b/U…833 but a shaving adapter will probably do the job as well.
Edited by: "IamMT" 3rd Nov
Philippines has UK voltage with US pins and frequency. Most modern small things, like chargers, do have a rating for 100-250v, 50/60 Hz. Just read the fine print on the back and if covered, you just need a pin converter. I got a 5 pack on eBay last year for £3, and it worked fine. But many small appliances, like a hair dryer, may require a proper voltage converter.
You can buy a fused "visitors" socket in pound shops. Good quality too, ours is Status brand. They take both round and flat pinned plugs.
Thanks guys will check them out what recommended 😄
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants