Groups

Philips BT3000 / BT3000W/ BT3000B --- faulty bluetooth units

I'm building a case to get those units replaced / fixed by Philips, manufacturer.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/philips-bt3000w-portable-bluetooth-speaker-white-29-99-tesco-direct-2388946

I had 3 units and in each one, Micro-USB socket broke with very light to moderate usage.

They say it's 1 y warranty [I'm past it] but defect was there in my opinion based on experience.

If they refuse doing it I will be going to court, unless some of you have info that me having 3 exact same problems in units qualifies for me to

take action?

4 Comments

Whilst your disappointment and frustration is acknowledged, assuming the defective power socket is not shorted: court action seems a load of faff and carries an element of risk compared to the combination of a female micro-USB adapter and a bit of wire (optional dummy AA cells x 2), or even some rechargeable batteries and a charger.

Original Poster

unfortunately this all is glued together, if I try to repair it, it my instantly turn into junk - it would be a lot of faff

it's not uncommon for certain Philips units to have terrible problems with solder [BT3000, 2500, 3500], so if not bad way of putting it together I would do it myself

Edited by: "veni_vidi_emere" 11th May

veni_vidi_emere

unfortunately this all is glued, if I try to repair it it my instantly … unfortunately this all is glued, if I try to repair it it my instantly look like junk, but I agree it would be a lot of faff

My ref to USB adapter and dummy AA batteries was a hack to enable the connections in the battery compartment to accept power from the original mains power supply and would be indestinguishable from original configuration if the dummy batts were removed. Not sure of the relevance of glue in that instance, unless the battery compartment is glued shut?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

My ref to USB adapter and dummy AA batteries was a hack to enable the … My ref to USB adapter and dummy AA batteries was a hack to enable the connections in the battery compartment to accept power from the original mains power supply and would be indestinguishable from original configuration if the dummy batts were removed. Not sure of the relevance of glue in that instance, unless the battery compartment is glued shut?

​battery comparament is on screws, but didn't seem to be easily removable if at all.
    If I get you right
    1. Dummy battery with female USB socket
    2. To cut wire of the original charger and attach it to battery comparament

Ad 1
    Quick search couldn't find any

Ad 2
    + doable I think
    - any chance of warranty talk lost as charger chopped, player will wobble standing on a cable
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions