Philips Colour Hue GU10 spot lights

Found 5th Dec 2017
Hello everyone,

I recently bought Philips Hue colour spotlights from Amazon in black Friday sale. On Amazon product page it says that they go up to 750 lumens. I have received my delivery now and on the box it says each bulb is only 250 lumens.

I am a bit confused by this. Can any one who have used these confirm brightness of these? I am planning to put two of them in my bathroom and the only reason I went for the more expensive colour version of these as they are stated as much brighter to non colour version.

Alternatively would some one be able to recommend some good GU10 spotlights (Cool white)?

Thank you all.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Can you share a link to the exact product on Amazon and i'll be able to help. 750 lumens does seem unusually high though.

I personally use the Verbatim LED VxRadiator GU10s as they generate about 700 lumens per lamp.
Original Poster
ipswich781 h, 40 m ago

Can you share a link to the exact product on Amazon and i'll be able to …Can you share a link to the exact product on Amazon and i'll be able to help. 750 lumens does seem unusually high though.I personally use the Verbatim LED VxRadiator GU10s as they generate about 700 lumens per lamp.

Here you go:

amazon.co.uk/Phi…u10

You can see the lumen information in the comparison table.
rommy21 m ago

Here you …Here you go:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambience-Wireless-Lighting-Changing/dp/B0152WXDJ0/ref=sr_1_5?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1512489757&sr=1-5&keywords=hue+gu10You can see the lumen information in the comparison table.

They're definitely only 250 lumens each and that's at the 4000k setting: philips.co.uk/c-p…ons
Edited by: "ipswich78" 5th Dec 2017
You must have been sent these

Philips Hue White Ambience Personal Wireless Lighting 2 x 5.5 W GU10 LED

I also looked at them and for our kitchen but concluded they were not bright enough at 250 Lumen, certainly not bright enough for a bathroom
Original Poster
Bingstroller6 m ago

You must have been sent these Philips Hue White Ambience Personal Wireless …You must have been sent these Philips Hue White Ambience Personal Wireless Lighting 2 x 5.5 W GU10 LEDI also looked at them and for our kitchen but concluded they were not bright enough at 250 Lumen, certainly not bright enough for a bathroom

Nope. I have been sent the correct item and specs are as ipswich78 have linked above. I do not think 250 lumen would be good at all for a bathroom. Such a disappointment for a bulb at £49.99 each and sloppy information provided by Amazon on their product page.
Edited by: "rommy" 5th Dec 2017
rommy29 m ago

Nope. I have been sent the correct item and specs are as ipswich78 have …Nope. I have been sent the correct item and specs are as ipswich78 have linked above. I do not think 250 lumen would be good at all for a bathroom. Such a disappointment for a bulb at £49.99 each and sloppy information provided by Amazon on their product page.

specs here direct from the manufacturer shows 250 lumen, seems like a mistake from Amazon philips.co.uk/c-p…ons
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants