Philips Hue Ambiance lighting advice..

Posted 18th Nov
We are looking to change our flush ceiling light and considering the Philips Ambiance Ceiling light fitting. We basically want a light fitting capable of being controlled by Alexa that can offer varying levels of light vibrancy. Are the Philips ceiling lights good? Is it better to get a general ceiling light and just buy the Philips hue bulbs? Can Alexa control all 3 lights simultaneously if we were to just purchase Philips hue bulbs and add them into a chandelier style fitting?

We are new to Alexa/Philips Hue/smart lighting and looking for opinions.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
When you say ceiling lights, are you referring to light stripes? If yes, Philips strips are expensive compared to other options but offer nice bright lights.
Hue system would require you to buy hue hub anyway. And yes it can work with alexa and group your lights to say things like, downstairs light on etc.
From_the_Midlands18/11/2019 18:50

When you say ceiling lights, are you referring to light stripes? If yes, …When you say ceiling lights, are you referring to light stripes? If yes, Philips strips are expensive compared to other options but offer nice bright lights. Hue system would require you to buy hue hub anyway. And yes it can work with alexa and group your lights to say things like, downstairs light on etc.

39023284-eUOf3.jpg

This is what we were thinking/looking at? Hoping that BF offered some reduction in price
lilmisswelshstar18/11/2019 18:53

[Image] This is what we were thinking/looking at? Hoping that BF offered …[Image] This is what we were thinking/looking at? Hoping that BF offered some reduction in price

This should work both with or without hub. Without hub it'll only be operateable from the switch provided and you won't be able to group it with other lights.
This is white ambience so you won't have full colours as you would had it been colour ambience. Hope this helps.
Thankyou, although it’s not colour ambiance will it provide varying degrees of warmth? Ie. Dim light/bright light? We just find out current lights bright and sometimes we want a softer evening light.
I have a friend with similar lighting and they simply ask Alexa to change it...or they use their mobile phones, I’m hoping for something similar? Just confirming this will work.

If you have other suggestions/options I’d be more than happy to hear them? I’m just not fully aware of all the different options there are
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions