Philips Hue Lighting or other??

Found 28th Mar
I like Philips Hue, but it’s very pricey! Are there alternatives out there that are as good or better?
Community Updates
4 Comments
I have Philips Hue around my house and absolutely love it. Understand it is pricey but can’t fault it for performance. Favourite features are the lights coming on automatically when it’s getting dark at night. And being epicly lazy when that light switch is just too far away and using your phone to switch them off. Can’t beat it.
But by far the best feature is scaring your partner when you are at work or out somewhere and she’s home alone, using the mobile app to switch the lights on and off
Edited by: "andy186186" 28th Mar
Philips hue all the way too, they are really good and rarely have any issue with them.

i have recently bought some Ikea TRÅDFRI E14 because they are only £7 a bulb (Philips are £25) and they work pretty well too. I use the hue hub for this though so not sure on the Ikea hub if they would operate differently. I mean bulb for bulb you can see why the Ikea is cheaper they have a much lower dimmable range but if budget is your driver I don’t think you could go far wrong with these.
Xiaomi Yeelight

About £15 per bulb and no Hub required
Lifx

Much better than Philips hue imo, no hub required, also works with Alexa, iftt etc etc. You can also buy the bayonet version for our standard UK fittings and not needing a convertor for the screw in type.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants