Philips Hue Starter Pack - Are These Two The Same Product?

Found 3rd Aug
Can someone check these two Philips Hue Starter Packs are the same, apart from 2 bulbs versus 3?

ebay.co.uk/itm…197
Currently £58 or £53 with eBay 10% discount.

amazon.co.uk/Phi…3Y6
Currently £102

I've bought the eBay/Argos version as it seemed too good to be true.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
eBay is 9.5W, Amazon is 60W. That might be the difference?
jamie01548 m ago

eBay is 9.5W, Amazon is 60W. That might be the difference?

Thank you for your help.
I'm not so sure about the Wattage.
In the product info of the Amazon pack, it also mentions 9.5 Watts.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell2 m ago

Thank you for your help.I'm not so sure about the Wattage.In the product …Thank you for your help.I'm not so sure about the Wattage.In the product info of the Amazon pack, it also mentions 9.5 Watts.

I wasn't sure, I didn't think there would be such a difference. Amazon and Argos are both infamous for inaccurate item descriptions so who knows?
jamie0155 m ago

I wasn't sure, I didn't think there would be such a difference. Amazon and …I wasn't sure, I didn't think there would be such a difference. Amazon and Argos are both infamous for inaccurate item descriptions so who knows?

Roger that.
I think the difference is the Hue Bridge or/and 1 Additional Bulb, The Bridge usually costs £50, the Amazon One is double the cost but does seems to have 1 additional bulb, I also think the one on Amazon is latest generation Hue, and perhaps the one on Argos is previous Generation, Philips released new generation starter kits in late 2017 this certainly was the case with the Colour Ambience Set which I purchased.

If you look very closely at the bulbs in the pictures, both bulb sets are different.... so as I understand it, its all to do with lumens & shades, but its all quite confusing.

However I would hold your horses if you are thinking of Investing in Hue... wait until Amazon have lightning deals on Hue or Prime Day for example.

As I have the Colour Set I cannot comment on the white set alone, the app does work well but you do NEED a hue account to link everything up perfectly and the app to work flawlessly, Hue is fantastic though, personally I love it, but just shop around or wait until Amazon put deals on, you may not have to wait to long, next bank holiday perhaps, good luck.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 3rd Aug
lettherebedeals8 m ago

I think the difference is the Hue Bridge or/and 1 Additional Bulb, The …I think the difference is the Hue Bridge or/and 1 Additional Bulb, The Bridge usually costs £50, the Amazon One is double the cost but does seems to have 1 additional bulb, I also think the one on Amazon is latest generation Hue, and perhaps the one on Argos is previous Generation, Philips released new generation starter kits in late 2017 this certainly was the case with the Colour Ambience Set which I purchased. If you look very closely at the bulbs in the pictures, both bulb sets are different.... so as I understand it, its all to do with lumens & shades, but its all quite confusing. However I would hold your horses if you are thinking of Investing in Hue... wait until Amazon have lightning deals on Hue or Prime Day for example. As I have the Colour Set I cannot comment on the white set alone, the app does work well but you do NEED a hue account to link everything up perfectly and the app to work flawlessly, Hue is fantastic though, personally I love it, but just shop around or wait until Amazon put deals on, you may not have to wait to long, next bank holiday perhaps, good luck.

Thank you very much for your help.
Too late about waiting, I've already ordered the eBay ones before I posted

If they are an earlier generation. Would a firmware update of the Hub make them basically the same as the latest version (or near enough)?
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell14 m ago

Thank you very much for your help.Too late about waiting, I've already …Thank you very much for your help.Too late about waiting, I've already ordered the eBay ones before I posted If they are an earlier generation. Would a firmware update of the Hub make them basically the same as the latest version (or near enough)?

Yeah pretty much, the newer generations simply gave you more shades of white light & higher lumen.
lettherebedeals1 h, 21 m ago

Yeah pretty much, the newer generations simply gave you more shades of … Yeah pretty much, the newer generations simply gave you more shades of white light & higher lumen.

OK, thank you.
Just updating this thread to help others.

I got the Argos version today.
The Hub is Gen 2 and the bulbs are 806 lumens.
So I'm 99.9% sure both the above products are the same, just the bulb count is different.
If I bought a third bulb, it would still be cheaper than buying the Amazon kit.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants