Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Philips TV sat connection

Posted 8th May 2019
Hello so I have a new Phillips TV, many setting, on old TV it picked up freeview by satellite and was fairly simple.

On this one, I click install packages, select select singular satellite.

A few minutes it shows up astra, all good

But I click to install on it and it ask for which one.

Coming up HD asutrilia
Belgium, etc.

Where am I going wrong.

Satltie was fine on old tv
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
deleted733638
I had a Philips tv and as far as I can remember, either there is another option before you select the regions, or it didn’t matter anyway. Pretty sure it will just install everything it can, which was a pain as there are hundreds of channels in no order with many duplicated that don’t work. There was a way to create a favourites list that makes the channels more accessible though.
It's Freesat you're asking about, Freeview is only for terrestrial broadcasting.

The TV may not have Freesat support, only a generic Satellite tuner, which is why you're not getting the Freesat channels neatly picked out and organised.

Which model is it?
I no I won't get them in order, I put freeview not free stay, just a generic sat reciver
deleted73363808/05/2019 16:52

I had a Philips tv and as far as I can remember, either there is another …I had a Philips tv and as far as I can remember, either there is another option before you select the regions, or it didn’t matter anyway. Pretty sure it will just install everything it can, which was a pain as there are hundreds of channels in no order with many duplicated that don’t work. There was a way to create a favourites list that makes the channels more accessible though.

Yea before it's install all or install package, but I think I need to pick install all
deleted733638
Pricklerickle08/05/2019 17:04

Yea before it's install all or install package, but I think I need to pick …Yea before it's install all or install package, but I think I need to pick install all

Try each way to your preference, you can always re-do it. I did it about 10 times to try and get them in order (which isn’t possible!). Pretty sure there wasn’t much difference though.
deleted73363808/05/2019 17:19

Try each way to your preference, you can always re-do it. I did it about …Try each way to your preference, you can always re-do it. I did it about 10 times to try and get them in order (which isn’t possible!). Pretty sure there wasn’t much difference though.

Hopefully, cause all I getting is HD asutrilia, I even clicked on asutrilia, then lower part but ask for code
Have to try, ppl moaning there gonna miss there soaps, even tho there still got access too all the TV apps
deleted733638
Give me two minutes, I still have the tv. I’ll check
deleted733638
Ok so, I can’t go through it fully because I have moved since I tuned it in and no longer have a satellite dish. But I’m pretty sure once you select install channels (or what will now be reinstall channels), the next option you should choose should be ‘all channels unsorted’. And hopefully that’ll be it. Then spend about 2 hours going through all the correct versions of itv hd and whatever to add to your favourites!
Oka, i have to do it later
I notice it doesn't like avr, keeps turning it off
Astra 2E/2F/2G @28.2°E
deleted73363808/05/2019 18:03

Ok so, I can’t go through it fully because I have moved since I tuned it i …Ok so, I can’t go through it fully because I have moved since I tuned it in and no longer have a satellite dish. But I’m pretty sure once you select install channels (or what will now be reinstall channels), the next option you should choose should be ‘all channels unsorted’. And hopefully that’ll be it. Then spend about 2 hours going through all the correct versions of itv hd and whatever to add to your favourites!

Oka clicked on all channels and lnb1 I am guessing
deleted733638
Pricklerickle08/05/2019 21:29

I notice it doesn't like avr, keeps turning it off

Yeah I’m not a fan to be honest. Does that to me but only on tv. Samsung by any chance? Didn’t happen to the Sony sound bar I had. 5 minutes in and it turns off. Turn it back on and it’s fine. Also I get total loss of my home theatre at time and I have to switch from surround to stereo back to surround in the TVs settings to get it back. That happens a lot. And is very annoying especially if I’m watching something that won’t let me access those settings. Play a smart app, lose sound. Have to go back to tv to get it back. Load app again, lose sound. Repeat until you get lucky.
I wouldn’t update it if i was you either. I thought it would fix a lot of issues but it just got worse. Philips sent me 2 different patches firmware’s, but they weren’t even recognised by the tv, so they’re useless. Now when I turn on the tv and select something - when it finally loads, it will reset. I’ll get the logo and have to go through the whole rigmarole again.
The tv picture quality is ok though and it’s ok for gaming, not too bad for dnla
Edited by: "deleted733638" 8th May 2019
deleted73363808/05/2019 21:50

Yeah I’m not a fan to be honest. Does that to me but only on tv. Samsung b …Yeah I’m not a fan to be honest. Does that to me but only on tv. Samsung by any chance? Didn’t happen to the Sony sound bar I had. 5 minutes in and it turns off. Turn it back on and it’s fine. Also I get total loss of my home theatre at time and I have to switch from surround to stereo back to surround in the TVs settings to get it back. That happens a lot. And is very annoying especially if I’m watching something that won’t let me access those settings. Play a smart app, lose sound. Have to go back to tv to get it back. Load app again, lose sound. Repeat until you get lucky.I wouldn’t update it if i was you either. I thought it would fix a lot of issues but it just got worse. Philips sent me 2 different patches firmware’s, but they weren’t even recognised by the tv, so they’re useless. Now when I turn on the tv and select something - when it finally loads, it will reset. I’ll get the logo and have to go through the whole rigmarole again. The tv picture quality is ok though and it’s ok for gaming, not too bad for dnla

It's a onkyo amp, I got 845 channels
deleted733638
Pricklerickle08/05/2019 22:10

It's a onkyo amp, I got 845 channels

Sounds like it’s done then. There’s like 10 itvs and BBC’s etc so you have to go through, find which ones work, and then add them to favourites
Yep, got my favorites on list, I just can't connect to philips server
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants