Philips x57 laptop Screen flicker! and colours annoying!

Found 17th Apr 2009
PLEASE SEE PHOTOS,
img245.imageshack.us/my.…jpg
i have tried re-installing driver it worked for short time(30second)

27 Comments

Original Poster

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9268/laptop1.th.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5818/laptop2p.th.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6545/laptop3u.th.jpg

Original Poster

laptop is a refurbished vist had to finish the install when i powered up! (no Warrenty)

When you power it on does the text and Windows logo look ok? Try booting it into safe mode (hold down F8 key on power on).

Original Poster

nope same as above, it was fine after 30seconds of restaring then when like that gain!

hate to be the barer of bad news but its ******ed, i have an x57 and it went back about 6 times trying to get the problem.first off they 'reflowed the graphics chip' (i think this means re soldered but sum1 else may know better)
worked for few months time,
it went again they did this again it came back worked then instantly broke

when it went back agian it ended up with a new lcd and mobo

but i hope u can get it sorted... :-) maybe on the house insurance...?

Rob

edit, there will be a post on here somewhere documenting what happened if you wanna know more.

Antj87;4955411

nope same as above, it was fine after 30seconds of restaring then when … nope same as above, it was fine after 30seconds of restaring then when like that gain!

As Robcampo said, sounds faulty. Probaply needs a new motherboard.

Where did you get the laptop from?

Antj87;4955546

lorry

off the back of a lorry?

Original Poster

its a tech guy refurb

i had an x57. nice laptop....but jeeze it runs hot! no wonder it suffers problems. i had a screen problem, and one i had it fixed i sold it. didn't want to wait on more problems.

shanecr;4955768

i had an x57. nice laptop....but jeeze it runs hot! no wonder it suffers … i had an x57. nice laptop....but jeeze it runs hot! no wonder it suffers problems. i had a screen problem, and one i had it fixed i sold it. didn't want to wait on more problems.

glad im not the only one who could fry eggs on the bad boy.... you really vaant use in on ur lap after about 5 mins from cold start...lol

Original Poster

what they do to fix and how much

Antj87;4955627

its a tech guy refurb

So you just bought it off them? Take it back. Throw the book at them (Sales of goods act, etc...)

Antj87;4955814

what they do to fix and how much

mine was a dsg refurb, bought through pixmania, that was.....1year? longer? ago. they still trying to shift these? lol. take it back, get rid of it any way you can. its a dog lol.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;4955819

So you just bought it off them? Take it back. Throw the book at them … So you just bought it off them? Take it back. Throw the book at them (Sales of goods act, etc...)

no its a tech guys refurtb i didnt buy hence (no warrenty)

Original Poster

shanecr;4955842

mine was a dsg refurb, bought through pixmania, that was.....1year? … mine was a dsg refurb, bought through pixmania, that was.....1year? longer? ago. they still trying to shift these? lol. take it back, get rid of it any way you can. its a dog lol.

what did they do to fix

just found an invoice from my repair...
to replace the mobo n lcd they charged 102.13 labour then bung in the parts costs.....
and just found the 1st one.... same price to do the reflow...

Original Poster

Beep That!!!!!!!!!!!!

u shud be able to use an external monitor still.....
or as i say maybe house insurance will cover it?

Original Poster

selling x57 Perfect CASE! Display faulty £170 lol

Original Poster

Robcampo;4956420

u shud be able to use an external monitor still.....or as i say maybe … u shud be able to use an external monitor still.....or as i say maybe house insurance will cover it?

dont have any

Antj87;4955899

what did they do to fix

not sure tbh. some guy took it away, 2 weeks later it was back.

Original Poster

shanecr;4956513

not sure tbh. some guy took it away, 2 weeks later it was back.

looks like i bought a dodo!

Antj87;4957634

Stick it on eBay, you should be able to get £100, may be a little less because it is an uncommon laptop brand.

SUMMONER;4957782

Stick it on eBay, you should be able to get £100, may be a little less … Stick it on eBay, you should be able to get £100, may be a little less because it is an uncommon laptop brand.

its the same as a lot of advents, its basically a rebadged twinhead.

Antj87;4955896

no its a tech guys refurtb i didnt buy hence (no warrenty)

Antj87;4957634

did you buy it or not?

Original Poster

its origionally from tech guys a refurb, i got it from a local ad paper!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions