Expired

Philly Cheese Sauce

Found 27th Oct 2013
Anyone know where I can buy a philly style cheese sauce, the American kind you have on fries with bacon bits? Frankie & Bennies or Eddie Rockets kind? alternatively anyone know good way to make it?
Community Updates
8 Comments
they sell squeezie american cheese in tesco now, I bought some the other week and it tastes exactly the same as the cheese on the fries in frankie & bennys. I paid about £3 for a bottle tho and its not that big, but its nice
I don't know specifically what you're after but I do know that Primula is a squeezy cheese which sounds like it might be what you're after. Available in Tesco/Waitrose etc.
They do one with ham apparently, sounds like it might be what you're after?!

ocado.com/web…011
I have seen this in Waitrose, on the chiller cheese counter. It is in a pouch that has a nozzle that can be resealed. Priced under £2. Made by Philadelphia.
So, I have just typed in the same question as yourself into google and I came across this post.

I went to F&B's a few weeks ago and had the New Yorker Pizza fully loaded with this Philly Sauce and I am now on the hunt for a personal supply.

I have come across this one from Tesco which mossypwl may have been referring too? (Off Squeezy Cheese Mature Cheddar)

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268734936

and this one from Asda which appears to have an added kick! (ASDA Chosen by You BBQ USA Chilli Cheese Sauce)

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore/landing/home.shtml?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-d1-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/910001073239

How have you got on with your hunt? I will more than likely pick up both products over the weekend and I will let you know how they compare... good luck and hope this helps!
Philly cheese steak.

Cheese whiz.
deleted335097
I know! Still interested?
deleted335097
You probably have all the ingredients except

The Cheese - Tesco Everyday Value Singles 255G, It is 90p for a pack, so that you get the right one.

In a saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add 2 tablespoons of flour, cook for a minute or so, low heat. Add one cup of semi-skimmed milk (250ml), if you add milk slowly, a bit of a time, you shouldn't get any lumps, when all the milk is added, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt max!

If your mixture went lumpy just put it in a liquidizer, then return to pan.

You only need the heat set to low, add 7 slices of the cheese, I do it individually one at a time till it has melted.

Thats it! I believe you can add American mustard, like you use on hotdogs. never tried it yet, but that might give it slightly different taste, more of a zing to the taste. Oh once you have made it you could split it into two pans and put some chilli powder into one portion maybe 1/6 teaspoon.

The Frankie and Benny sauce has a little spiciness to it, so the chilli may help, you may want to adjust the salt, I wouldn't think so though, it certainly won't be too salty, as I often notice saltiness in shop bought food.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants