Phlexiflow Shower waste drainage pump issue, any experts out there please?

Found 9th Aug
Hi my house had ?Aqua / N&C Phlexiflow shower tray waste drainage pump that stopped working; I had HomeServecover but they apparently don't cover shower issue/drainage pump, they couldn't help me hence had to get another a plumber out to fix it cost £600 and now the "new" N&S Phlexiflow doesn't stop after shower for hours, keeps making the loud sucking motor sound.

I called the plumber back but he said just turn off the main switch (near the boiler room, outside of the shower/bathroom) after shower to manually stop the "system". I don't think it is right, as previously it will stop after may be 1 min after the shower tray is dry.

What are people's thought please? How to move things forward? What consumer rights available?

Furthermore, when I asked the plumber for the invoice/the component part number he can't provide it to me in document, just took a snapshot like the pump below, he tried to reassure me that the company provides 2 years extended warranty. Later he just sent me a default warranty card. He previously promised to fill it in and send it but now he asked me to fill the form myself and send it myself.

3008505-Ng1iH.jpg3008505-Sgglb.jpg. 3008505-BboZX.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
He probably hasn't wired the controller right, or its not working. Get him back in to fix it. The controller is the box next to the switch.

Edit: On the reverse side of the controller you can adjust the end of shower over run, I suspect its this that needs adjusting.
Edited by: "123thisisme" 9th Aug
123thisisme29 m ago

He probably hasn't wired the controller right, or its not working. Get him …He probably hasn't wired the controller right, or its not working. Get him back in to fix it. The controller is the box next to the switch.Edit: On the reverse side of the controller you can adjust the end of shower over run, I suspect its this that needs adjusting.

34658747-OV6NX.jpg34658747-rdcnh.jpg
Have a look on page 9 of this link upperplumbers.co.uk/PDF…pdf

There is also a troubleshooting section on the last page which mentions the pump running continuously.

Edit - if I'd paid £600 I'd have the plumber back (again) to commission it properly! I'd also not employ him again!
Edited by: "Van1973" 9th Aug
Notting17 m ago

[Image] [Image]

Do you have the installation instructions ?
Van197317 m ago

Have a look on page 9 of this link …Have a look on page 9 of this link http://www.upperplumbers.co.uk/PDF/Manuals/Pumps/SKMBT_C55212100311300.pdfThere is also a troubleshooting section on the last page which mentions the pump running continuously.Edit - if I'd paid £600 I'd have the plumber back (again) to commission it properly! I'd also not employ him again!

wow looks it should only cost £200-300, looks like I have been rip off big time.
kester7617 m ago

Do you have the installation instructions ?

The plumber didn't even give me the box/manual/instruction leaflet.
Notting4 m ago

wow looks it should only cost £200-300, looks like I have been rip off big …wow looks it should only cost £200-300, looks like I have been rip off big time.

It was £280 for the pump and control unit delivered - no labour - and in 2012. Did yours need a new control unit (which looks to be supplied seperately)?
Notting9 m ago

The plumber didn't even give me the box/manual/instruction leaflet.

That should of been left with you. Also check with the company to make sure it's a brand new unit and not unboxed stock or refurbished.
kester7614 m ago

That should of been left with you. Also check with the company to make …That should of been left with you. Also check with the company to make sure it's a brand new unit and not unboxed stock or refurbished.

He didn't leave me anything, I asked for the box and the manual but he can't give it to me.
That is how loud it is!
Notting11 m ago

He didn't leave me anything, I asked for the box and the manual but he …He didn't leave me anything, I asked for the box and the manual but he can't give it to me.That is how loud it is!

That's not right, also you paid for a replacement and not a downgrade.
kester7622 h, 59 m ago

That's not right, also you paid for a replacement and not a downgrade.

He finally came and replace the ?transformer ? Control unit. 🤞hope it will stay working. Is it true that N&C gives 2 years warranty if register?
Van19739th Aug

Have a look on page 9 of this link …Have a look on page 9 of this link http://www.upperplumbers.co.uk/PDF/Manuals/Pumps/SKMBT_C55212100311300.pdfThere is also a troubleshooting section on the last page which mentions the pump running continuously.Edit - if I'd paid £600 I'd have the plumber back (again) to commission it properly! I'd also not employ him again!

This is the Waranty card he sent me via email. Is it correct from your experience?docdro.id/Ts3…H5d
34678621-TZ80T.jpg34678621-Ewyct.jpg34678621-53hQp.jpg34678621-R4b3w.jpg
Notting1 h, 38 m ago

This is the Waranty card he sent me via email. Is it correct from your …This is the Waranty card he sent me via email. Is it correct from your experience?http://docdro.id/Ts3PH5d[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

I don't have such a pump - bit it looks right to me!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants